Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

No Weapon skill, but maybe ...

Hi everyone !
Steven said that he didn't want weapon to have skill ( like New world ), that only class would have it.
BUT what if you could have a "mastery" system for weapon.
explanation : every type of weapon would have a "mastery" level. and every time you gain a level of mastery you would have beter bonus to you weapon, exemple , beter attaks speed, beter crits, beter "damage". and the more you use the weapon the more that "type" of weapon lv up. ( like new world , but instead of gaining skill point, you gain "stats" )
You can even make a "attribute tree" for weaponery master, each lv you gain on a type of weapon you gain a point to put on one of the stats " crit/atk speed/atk base" , BUT the general level of the mastery could also give bonus. like, even if you don't distribute you point you still have some bonus. maybe you will less consume stamina each atak, or you could equip beter stuf ?
exemple : you want to equip that legendary weapon ? you need "sword mastery" at lv 20. ( a bite like the manhua Overgeard )

and you what do you think ? do you want a "mastery weapon" system ?
Sorry for my english. French here !

Comments

• Options
    They talk about the weapon skill tree here if you want to learn more about it.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Skills
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    We still don't know how the weapon skill tree will look like, but we do know that any class can use any weapon, so my assumption is that every class might have some passives that relate to some/most/all weapons. And you'll be able to spec into the weapon you want to main.

But as for "level up with use" stuff, I'd personally be against it cause that just adds grind on top of grind to the game. And considering that you'll have to specialize in artisan skills I don't see why you'd be able to be a jack of all trades in weapon skills.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Offtopic:
    I never understood peoples mania for stats and bonuses, over active abilities.
  • Options
    Offtopic:
    I never understood peoples mania for stats and bonuses, over active abilities.

Because some time you don't want to use your keybord like a piano, so if you have "passive ability" or like I said "boost stats", it's not adding any new ability's it's boost your overall combat ability, including skill of your class.
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    They talk about the weapon skill tree here if you want to learn more about it.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Skills

Ok, think, I've read the thing but I think it's a litle mixed up there is it ? there seem to have skill point from class and weapon tree skill point to.
    effectively it seems that it"s the class abilitise that will boost the stats of weapon , adn only ther procs effects will be on the weapon itself.
    it would have been nice to have a "mastery system" to allow you to equip beter "grade" of equipment so.
    Sorry for my english. French here !