Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Shop needs some work/updates please

jak1066jak1066 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Descriptions on many of the shop items are extremely limited and unhelpful. For example, the Shadow Dragon currently in the shop does not say on the item itself what it is (pet, mount, etc) and when you click the link for "more info" the caption just says "Fire!!!". It is only by seeing this item further down the list as part of the "Summer pet bundle" that someone just looking at the shop would know what this is.

Another example is the $9500 "Upgrade to the Avatar of the Phoenix" package which still states that it includes "Tickets to PAX West 2017, Private VIP access to the Ashes of Creation booth."
n2qtFUQ.png

Comments

• Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    jak1066 wrote: »
    Descriptions on many of the shop items are extremely limited and unhelpful. For example, the Shadow Dragon currently in the shop does not say on the item itself what it is (pet, mount, etc) and when you click the link for "more info" the caption just says "Fire!!!". It is only by seeing this item further down the list as part of the "Summer pet bundle" that someone just looking at the shop would know what this is.

Another example is the $9500 "Upgrade to the Avatar of the Phoenix" package which still states that it includes "Tickets to PAX West 2017, Private VIP access to the Ashes of Creation booth."

I dont know if you'll make it to PAX west 2017. But if you find a ride let me know.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    KS backers are able to purchase Summer cosmetics a la carte or upgrade their packages. This was a perk provided by Intrepid that they did not have to do. If you find that upgrades and cosmetics are not marketed well enough for your liking, most have descriptions on the wiki. Personally, I would rather they continue working towards getting A2 test ready than sprucing up old cosmetic content description.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    ValyoyoValyoyo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

I just came here to make a post just like this. Exactly about the same thing, the Shadow Dragon which just say "Fire !!!" as the item description. Luckily I noticed the "Summer pet bundle" right next to it and found out it's a pet and not a mount skin.

I concur, item descriptions should be updated with more and up to date info, including the bundles that give access to alpha 1, PAX west 2017 and such. And maybe the prices lowered on those bundles as to account for the missed perks that cannot be accessed.
  • Options
    ValyoyoValyoyo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    KS backers are able to purchase Summer cosmetics a la carte or upgrade their packages. This was a perk provided by Intrepid that they did not have to do. If you find that upgrades and cosmetics are not marketed well enough for your liking, most have descriptions on the wiki. Personally, I would rather they continue working towards getting A2 test ready than sprucing up old cosmetic content description.

I would say that updating website shop info to specify what the item is exactly does not impede the development of the game.
  • Options

Why would you assume their game developers are doing the shop? lulz This was a suggestion to help them sell more stuffs. More money = more people they can afford to hire. Also, my main example was not 'old' content. Clearly someone is already assigned this task, and spending time on it, they are just doing a poor job if they want to encourage sales.
    n2qtFUQ.png
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Why would you assume their game developers are doing the shop? lulz This was a suggestion to help them sell more stuffs. More money = more people they can afford to hire. Also, my main example was not 'old' content. Clearly someone is already assigned this task, and spending time on it, they are just doing a poor job if they want to encourage sales.

the shadow dragon is a pet from the 2017 kickstarter summer campaign.

It's exactly old content.

The ability to upgrade kickstarter pledges and purchase the summer items is a courtesy for those of us who've believed since the beginning. And changing it will hardly encourage more sales as there are an extremely finite amount of people who have a kickstarter code.

I also doubt very much they'll change the pricing as the kickstarter pledges were to support the project on faith and the monetary commitment was part of that. Plus it still contains crazy perks, invites to the launch weekend with 2 nights paid accommodation, a weekend pathfinder session with Steven as GM, dinner with the dev team and so on.
    du2ljngonyuq.png
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited September 2022
    We've been asking for months and months and months and months and mon...... for more detail on the cosmetics, but they've so far outright refused. For a company that prides itself on its openness and transparency, it's something of a dick move.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    daveywavey wrote: »
    We've been asking for months and months and months and months and mon...... for more detail on the cosmetics, but they've so far outright refused. For a company that prides itself on its openness and transparency, it's something of a dick move.

A freehold skin is a freehold skin job64sxnmtme.jpg
    du2ljngonyuq.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2022
    Natasha wrote: »
    A freehold skin is a freehold skin

Is it though?

We know we can place buildings on our freehold, we have a small (probably incomplete) list of these buildings.

We can look over the list of freehold cosmetic skins, and some of them make sense. The Shadeless Tree Tavern is probably a skin for the tavern building we can place on our freehold. That one is easy.

However, it isn't immediately obvious what building Graycage - as one example - is a skin for.
  • Options
    Natasha wrote: »

the shadow dragon is a pet from the 2017 kickstarter summer campaign.

It's exactly old content.

The ability to upgrade kickstarter pledges and purchase the summer items is a courtesy for those of us who've believed since the beginning. And changing it will hardly encourage more sales as there are an extremely finite amount of people who have a kickstarter code.

I also doubt very much they'll change the pricing as the kickstarter pledges were to support the project on faith and the monetary commitment was part of that. Plus it still contains crazy perks, invites to the launch weekend with 2 nights paid accommodation, a weekend pathfinder session with Steven as GM, dinner with the dev team and so on.

So is your argument against shop clarity that they shouldn't update the descriptions because YOU already know what they are and YOU'VE already bought them? lol Perhaps you could volunteer your services. It would take a matter of minutes to swap out the text on these.

It's funny to me that your arguments for why items should not have better explanations of what they are always include explanations of what the items are lmao. As well as something about changing pricing on the same outdated item I already mentioned which... maybe you got this confused with another post?

Regarding the kickstarter codes, I'm not sure what you mean by 'extremely' finite as something is (creative math aside) either finite or it isn't, but it doesn't really matter as this only sets the maximum possibly sales and is completely irrelevant to the process of obtaining said sales (not to mention completely contrary to the only physical evidence presented here in the form of multiple people saying they would like better descriptions and myself saying specifically I would be more likely to purchase). There are, after all, a finite number of people on earth, or in any market, yet advertising and GOOD MARKETING always encourage sales.

There is also the matter of what happens when people actually start to receive these items. Inevitably some people with be disappointed with their purchase(s). Vague marketing will only make this more likely. People don't like to be mislead, deliberately or negligently makes little difference. Be clear now, prevent complaints and bad market sentiment later.

I want to know what something is before I buy it. Is this shocking? I don't think a suggestion that an update (a very easy update) so that I would not have to visit a wiki to research my cosmetic purchase is unreasonable, unwarranted, or even very original (based on Davey's comment). I'm curious as to whether the arguments against are any more novel.
    n2qtFUQ.png
  • Options
    I haven't payed attention but hopefully any money put into cosmetics can be refunded for other cosmetics and subscription time the first month it's released and before it's released.
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited September 2022
    Noaani wrote: »
    However, it isn't immediately obvious what building Graycage - as one example - is a skin for.

I bought it wanting it for my tavern. But, it's looking like I might not get to use it. :(
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/