Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Community Office Hours in Discord - Thurs, August 11 at 11 AM PDT

RoshenRoshen Moderator, Member, Staff
edited August 2022 in Announcements
Join @Roshen and @Vaknar over in the Ashes of Creation Discord for a voice chat during our next Community Office Hours on Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 11 AM PDT (Convert to your local time). This event should last about one hour.

Community Office Hours is a pilot program where you get to join members of the Community Team over voice chat to discuss a variety of topics.

For this session, we will be using Discord Stage. Every 5 minutes we’ll be bringing up small groups of players.

DISCUSSION TOPIC

On Thursday, August 11, 2022, our main discussion topic is the desert biome seen during the most recent Development Update Livestream. You can find the forum thread on this topic here.

In this session, we’ll break each of the 5 minute segments up to focus on one of these conversations:
  • What deserts in games stand out for you? Are there certain aspects of deserts that you like from other games?
  • Are there desert tropes you would like us to include or avoid?
  • Are there certain creatures and/or points of interest you would like to see in deserts?
  • What kind of desert weather and seasonal effects do you wish were found in more games?

If you’d like to contribute to this discussion, we recommend you watch the three-minute video “Ashes of Creation Alpha Two Desert Biome Preview” before this Community Office Hours session.

Thanks again! We look forward to chatting with you all soon!
community_management.gif

Comments

• The_Gaming_ButlerThe_Gaming_Butler Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Looking forward to it!
    Ashes of Creation News can be found on The Gaming Butler News Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP31ixSBO7GHKLBefWVcJaA
  • ButtercupCloverButtercupClover Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I liked the stage channel more as it kept the chaos of everyone trying to speak. I would suggest posting the questions before it pops up so people know what they're raising their hands for. It would give time for people to contemplate the topic and come up with ideas before having to speak rather than having to think it up on the spot.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yes I agree with asking the question first and then people can raise their hands. Perhaps just do it a minute or two before the previous segment ends.

Other than that I enjoyed the format :smile:

I would love to see a list of what you took away from it. Essentially the same document you'll be handing to the team internally for evaluation and discussion. That way people can see their feedback is heard and perhaps come with corrections if there were any misunderstandings.
  • You can ask the question before getting people to raise their hand or you can have us follow along in a text chat on discord where only the admins can post the questions.
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    would be nice to get the questions list an hour or two before the meeting starts so we can better prepare our answers
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • RoshenRoshen Moderator, Member, Staff
    Liniker wrote: »
    would be nice to get the questions list an hour or two before the meeting starts so we can better prepare our answers

The questions were in this thread, which was up about a week before Office Hours happened. That being said, I understand that we can be better about getting this to everyone, both so everyone can prepare for the session, and also so people in the session understand better which discussion prompt they'll be participating in.

Thanks for joining us for the last Office Hours! It's great to hear your perspective on some of these topics.
    community_management.gif