Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Group Finder - but without instant teleportation and group finder with que and application

2»

Comments

• Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Leukael wrote: »
    Thought that my circle came up with that I like is a group finder feature based in the tavern.

So you go to a tavern and post something on the board in the tavern or outside it. It is only active while you're in the tavern but you receive apps from the same people who go to the tavern and use the board as well.

I like this idea because it gives players a reason to go to the tavern AND there's supposedly going to be games and a way to get a rested buff at the tavern so it creates a great synergy.

This is in the plan for Ashes."Bulletin boards""Encourage localized grouping."

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Taverns#Chat_bubbles
  • Options
    Warth wrote: »
    Board +

Finder -

Shared board across all nodes would be fine as well (with filter function)

Board +
    Finder -
    I would not like to have it be across all nodes. I don't think there is a global or trade chat that goes across all nodes, I dont think there should be a way to communicate across all nodes in mass. Gotta have PMs, but apart from that I think they should be separated.

I like the idea of nodes being these separate places where different cultures emerge. Where you have to visit the city yourself or hear it from another person what's going on over there.

Would you be accepting of a middle ground? What if adjacent nodes shared listings? Basically this promotes travel, increases the pool of potential parties to join, but is still limited to a reasonable degree.

To give an example of how this would work, here's a quick paint creation.
    kv24mixmi3wh.png
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Some nodes will all attach to a dungeon. Like a dungeon will be in a localised area. Hence the PvX or competition factor. If the 'group finder' spanned more than one node it is effectively PvE and not PvX because there would be group members from all competing nodes in each 'Group' thus pvp would be messed up.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    Some nodes will all attach to a dungeon. Like a dungeon will be in a localised area. Hence the PvX or competition factor. If the 'group finder' spanned more than one node it is effectively PvE and not PvX because there would be group members from all competing nodes in each 'Group' thus pvp would be messed up.
    I disagree. Not everyone will have chosen a node they are farming in to be a citizen. I fully expect players to roam outside of their main node to explore newly discovered dungeons, quests, and farming spots. This does not take any choice away from players looking to fight over said hypothetical dungeon.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    I like the idea of a tavern LFG board, as long as you stay in the tavern your advert stays there. It also makes it a lot easier for people to find others for the same dungeon or quest. To keep player to player contact just don't make it so you click a button on the board and they get invited, make it so you click a button and then "/tell [their name]" appears in chat so you know who to talk to then you have to ask them if they want to come with you.
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • Options
    I would also dislike an automatic party finder tool. It would make forming quality and strong party compositions so easy. Part of clearing a hard dungeon and getting the loot should be the ability to form a decent party... Clearing dungeons shouldn't be hard only because mobs are strong. Knowledge of the game, party formation should have a level of difficulty and be complimented when someone sees you with a rare dungeon drop.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Sathrago wrote: »
    I disagree. Not everyone will have chosen a node they are farming in to be a citizen. I fully expect players to roam outside of their main node to explore newly discovered dungeons, quests, and farming spots. This does not take any choice away from players looking to fight over said hypothetical dungeon.

I don't doubt everyone won't be a citizen...yet, you want to create group finders to cover multiple nodes? It doesn't make sense. Travelling players will enter the nodes and join groups anyway. Why would they need multiple places to join the exact same groups? Just because one is not a citizen does not mean one does not have preferences over who one wants to fight alongside.

The issue is not hypothetical. You can't attack citizens from your own nodes (you could but then you'd find it difficult to get into groups without a group finder) and some nodes will cover other nodes. I can see the use when a metro is operational, but, why do you want to limit the systems under a metro law system without the metro?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited August 2022
    Neurath wrote: »
    Sathrago wrote: »

I don't doubt everyone won't be a citizen...yet, you want to create group finders to cover multiple nodes? It doesn't make sense. Travelling players will enter the nodes and join groups anyway. Why would they need multiple places to join the exact same groups? Just because one is not a citizen does not mean one does not have preferences over who one wants to fight alongside.

The issue is not hypothetical. You can't attack citizens from your own nodes (you could but then you'd find it difficult to get into groups without a group finder) and some nodes will cover other nodes. I can see the use when a metro is operational, but, why do you want to limit the systems under a metro law system without the metro?

Perhaps it wasnt super clear what I meant by listings. What I meant, is adjacent nodes would show the listings for groups. You would only be able to join if you sign up at the node of origin. What this does is give players more information to choose from when they are deciding where to go for questing. Additionally this allows players to whisper the party leader of such a listed group and tell them they are on the way or something like that. Theres also the competitive side of things, maybe you look on your call board and find out a group is headed to farm a valuable spot and you want to go kill them for their loot.

I really dont understand how this would restrict or harm players when all this does is give them more choice.
  • Options
    Okay. I think I understand your position. However, there won't just be one tavern in each node...I assume these taverns will all show the listings in question for an individual node. You'd be looking at thousands of listings if all of the multiple taverns from multiple nodes all link into the same system.

The difficulty i have right now is the fact I haven't seen the current taverns in operation. I can't tell you how close I have to be to a tavern to access the node events. I can't even tell you if all the taverns in one node will be connected in the way you have expressed.

I'm not against the system out of hand. We won't have global chat for example. We do need some method of group construction. The more I explore the systems the more I feel the systems just aren't fit for purpose. We often have one foot in and one foot out. In my mind mind, I would run with similar groups or people for the group efforts (because grinding is railed against by IS and others).

Thus, I don't see the use for anything of actual substance. More often than not, people will just stand outside dungeons like in other MMOs and groups will be formed by explorers who happen upon the same dungeons. I agree we will also have groups formed from local nodes who turn up too, yet, it might not be the fastest way or best way to enter these group activities.

Guilds will be able to mobilise much faster in my opinion.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Leukael wrote: »
    Thought that my circle came up with that I like is a group finder feature based in the tavern.

So you go to a tavern and post something on the board in the tavern or outside it. It is only active while you're in the tavern but you receive apps from the same people who go to the tavern and use the board as well.

I like this idea because it gives players a reason to go to the tavern AND there's supposedly going to be games and a way to get a rested buff at the tavern so it creates a great synergy.

This is in the plan for Ashes."Bulletin boards""Encourage localized grouping."

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Taverns#Chat_bubbles

aha its good to see cause i like the idea of the hangout spot being the tavern for grouping up for activities rather than a dungeon entrance
  • Options
    The only activites will be dungeons/elite mobs. Either way, groups will be formed outside them.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif