Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Banked Vs Inventory Items

So I am not sure if this has been discussed but I feel it to be a very pressing topic. Lots of players seem to disagree with the current storage setup that AoC has to offer. I for one don’t mind it but have a slight concern. If we receive an item, let’s say raw material used for crafting, and decide to bank that item…….. Would we then have to remove the material from our bank to use it for crafting purposes? Or, when we go to an artisan shop or place to craft, would all of our banked items simply appear for our personal use? Also, does banking an item and then taking it out of the bank require a “tax”. I know NW did this feature and I honestly wasn’t a fan of it, but perhaps it was necessary.

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Was answered last livestream. The question was about knowing where various storages spread across Verra you might have would be visible to the player, or would they need to keep a spreadsheet of what they had stashed in various nodes. And the answer was that you would be able to see where all the various stuff you had in storage of some kind was located.

The second part of your question was also answered. If you have stuff in storage in the current node you are in, and access a crafting station, you will be able to craft directly from storage, without having to run back and forth. You will NOT be able to access storage in other nodes and pull it from all over Verra to your location as this would negate a few different core systems of Ashes like the caravan system.

As in most things Ashes, check the wiki. Most questions are answered there if you look hard enough.
    "We want you to know where the things are; and then the meaningful aspect of that thing is traveling to those locations to access some of those things, particularly as it relates to materials and raw gatherables."
    [46] – Steven Sharif
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Well thank you for that response! Will these items be taxed to the specific node they are taken out of if they are banked? Or do we not know yet?
  • Options
    MaiWaifuMaiWaifu Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    TheNextFlo wrote: »
    Well thank you for that response! Will these items be taxed to the specific node they are taken out of if they are banked? Or do we not know yet?

This idea is actually really interesting.

I wonder if it will end up mimicking real life with off-shore tax havens being used instead.