Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Make mounts breedable ! pets too?

Ive been play BD hard for the past few months, and my favorite aspect thats really drawn out and makes the game so so fun and so much more to offer, i wish this game had a function like that too. and unlike BD, which is only horses at the moment, id always wanted to have dragon mounts i can breed with other players dragons mounts, maybe even cross breed different species of dragons and make the baby system determined on genetics and dna of the grandparents and parents and so on.

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2022
    That is the plan (other than the dragon mount part).

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Animal_husbandry
  • Options
    Tell me you've done no research before posting without telling me you've done no research before posting
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Maybe we'll be able to Tame them first, too?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    Considering it is widely known animal husbandry is a thing, my mind went elsewhere, to dark, forbidden places.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Options
    ariatras wrote: »
    Considering it is widely known animal husbandry is a thing, my mind went elsewhere, to dark, forbidden places.

Careful, or you'll slip into Tulnar territory...
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Asgerr wrote: »
    Tell me you've done no research before posting without telling me you've done no research before posting

I can't find the download link for Ashes.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Asgerr wrote: »

I can't find the download link for Ashes.

I didn't uninstall the A1 client until a few days ago. Felt bad :disappointed:
  • Options
    Here is some information that was shared in February Dev Update:

- Steven shared that Alpha 2 will include the roll out of the animal husbandry system. This work requires a significant amount of scientific research because the animal husbandry system will have its roots in reality.

-Taming will be a big part of animal husbandry. Taming is one of the gathering professions which players can use to locate, capture and tame wild creatures in Verra. Tamed creatures can be trained, bred and refined with the animal husbandry profession. Genetics in animal husbandry will follow a Mendelian model of real-life genetics overlaid with magical tools that help understand and influence the processes of breeding of said creatures. Creatures will have characteristics that are determined by their genetics. There will be a multitude of traits that are related to their appearance, performance, combat efficacy that breeders can bring forward in a particular mount or pet. No two creatures will be the exact same, there will be a stat block (ex: speed, endurance) and ability systems. You can breed creatures and study the offspring and make informed decisions when the features you want to pursue in the next generation become apparent in the offspring you have created.

- Species will have different traits; creatures will have a wide variety of traits and characteristics strength and weakness within their species.

- The best version of a species will need to be blended from many creatures across Verra, so there will be an element of geographic location being relevant for the creation of certain types of breeds. For example, the best horse would need speed from desert horses, the health from tundra horses, and the size and strength of Riverland horses.

- Powerful traits will be hidden in rare spawns as well as through rare mutations.

-Mastery in Animal Husbandry will involve unlocking greater cross breeding potential in different species to create more fantastical creatures, and potentially even new species when breeders push the limits.

-Once these creatures are born, there is an element of raising them, animals must be raised from berth to adulthood and trained for their intended purposes. Either as a mount, a pet, a beast of burden or livestock.

- You can specialize within the Animal Husbandry profession to one of the four creature types (mount, pet, beast of burden, livestock).

- There are a multitude of activities which include feeding, cleaning the creatures, taking them out for practice rides, training them to fight monsters. This period is very important, because it will have the greatest influence on the resulting quality of the genetically determined stats of the creatures once they reach adulthood.

- To further this, as you are discovering different genetic paths when pairing different animals, the offspring will have a window of where a stat block may land, but where it specifically lands will be determined by the training phase.

-Following a question form chat on whether animal husbandry will be a deeper profession vs the other professions, Steven clarified that the equity across professions was something discussed at length within the team. By offering specialization within the four types of creatures (mount, pet, beast of burden, livestock) will mitigate the comprehensive nature of the profession as a whole. You may only be able to specialize in one of the four creature types.

-Aquatic creatures can be bred from a pet and mount perspective.

- There will be recessive and dominant genes and the discovery of certain types of characteristics that creatures you breed will have an RNG element to them. However, you can increase the chances of the development of a specific characteristic based on profession, based on method (resources).

- There may be a user interface panel that gives a record of your successes and failures of breeding attempts which can be shared to others.