Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Makeup/skin paints that can be adjusted, removed, or applied outside of character customization.

SathragoSathrago Member
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
As the title suggests, I would like to see something similar to the tattoo system they showcased a while back but for things such as makeup or war paints. With enough freedom you could create some very intricate or goofy designs. I expect many wood elf players to dye their horns black and roleplay as devils/tieflings. That sort of thing. The best part about this stuff being changeable outside of character customization grants players even further customization to really make certain sets "pop". Hell with this I could see guilds uniformly wearing makeup for both pvp and rp reasons. Imagine a "cult" rp guild all wearing skull-face paint.
In the end its another layer and having it be changeable outside of character creation lets players further customize after creation for even better looks that fit their characters as they change and grow over time.
5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu

Comments

• Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I find make up in most cc engines tends to be fairly limited compared to irl and tends to skew things to feel less realistic. I wonder if UE5 lighting and textures will fix this limitation. I know the decal tech IS was showing off with the character creator makes me think they might be able to at least have a better make up system even if they do not pull off full realism.

If make up actually looks good and has decent blending I'll be pretty stoked.

I'm less sure if it makes sense to be applied outside of the character creator, that's more so a tech question I don't know the answer to. Cool if they could pull it off, but I'm not going to be upset if they don't have it.

I like some of your ideas relative to face paint and dyeing horns/tails, but if IS is so anti-clown I doubt we'll get things like this as much as I'd want players to have that freedom.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    JustVine wrote: »
    I find make up in most cc engines tends to be fairly limited compared to irl and tends to skew things to feel less realistic. I wonder if UE5 lighting and textures will fix this limitation. I know the decal tech IS was showing off with the character creator makes me think they might be able to at least have a better make up system even if they do not pull off full realism.

If make up actually looks good and has decent blending I'll be pretty stoked.

I'm less sure if it makes sense to be applied outside of the character creator, that's more so a tech question I don't know the answer to. Cool if they could pull it off, but I'm not going to be upset if they don't have it.

I like some of your ideas relative to face paint and dyeing horns/tails, but if IS is so anti-clown I doubt we'll get things like this as much as I'd want players to have that freedom.

Yeah that's fair. Using my limited knowledge of programming, it shouldn't create issues if they copy paste the character creator to an interactable in-game like a mirror or make-up kit and then only enable the options for these sort of cosmetic changes. Of course there can and will be bugs but most of the code should already be made at that point so its more so a time commitment than a difficult new system to design.

This also might require items that you need to collect or make as consumables for certain looks and colors if they wanted to get intricate with it. However a simple, free interactable or one time use "make-up kit" that grants access to all choices is fine too.

As for IS being anti-clown, all I can say is their current tattoo and character creation can already make monsters out of a normal race such as humans let alone other races. Give someone access to multiple tattoo applications and that sort of freedom could definitely make an actual clown with the red nose/lipstick, green poofy hair, and a white face.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu