Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Having and controling an army

Will i be ever to raise an army of npcs? Equip them or level them even.
And will i be anle to give commanda in battle for great strategies, i like medieval strategy games in real time so i hope i could be a general

Comments

• Options
    If you like medieval strategy games, maybe...

You should play medieval strategy games rather than MMOs?
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited August 2022
    Yes, but they are all invisible and are commanded on field via semaphore embedded in the /dance emote. Go forth and conquer! :D

Sorry - there are no RTS features similar to the Pathfinder series already out there. You can have NPC guards at your freehold, but no armies.

This is the link on guards: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/NPC_guards
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    No.
    If that's what you're looking for, I recommend the game Conqueror's Blade. It's the closest to what you describe.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    On the other hand, if...

- you have strong interpersonal skills
    - you know how to be a good leader
    - you are good at both detailed management and big picture focus
    - you are able to work hard and have the necessary drive
    - you have the other needed qualities, skills and motivation, then...

You can be a great guild leader, form an alliance and raise an army of real players, equip them, train them and lead them in battle to become a general and a King. Admittedly it is much more difficult to do for real than with npcs.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dremora wrote: »
    Will i be ever to raise an army of npcs? Equip them or level them even.
    And will i be anle to give commanda in battle for great strategies, i like medieval strategy games in real time so i hope i could be a general

If you're a great tactician, some guild will need you.

I don't think you'd even need to be the leader of the guild, or strictly speaking, a leader at all in the sense one normally means when saying it.

'Casual' guilds in particular often really need Tacticians/Generals.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Speaking as one of those people that has basically no tactical or strategic acumen, lemme tell ya, it'd be great to have someone around who's capable of that kind of stuff telling me what needs to be done. I'm a pretty competent fighter in any game, but I couldn't lead a group to save my life.
  • Options
    Wouldnt surprise me if players have some influence on guards in nodes in someway but controllable army definelty not
  • Options
    Is this not it though you have real players instead of NPC and being top down, if you can make a strong active guild lol?
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited August 2022
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Is this not it though you have real players instead of NPC and being top down, if you can make a strong active guild lol?

Totally agree, @Mag7spy.

Leaning on NPC summons to do everything for you is fine for single-player RPGs.

Leaning on NPC summons to do everything for you in MMOs? That could lead to unbalanced and unimaginative gameplay ... depending on the complexity of player control over their summons.

Which is why being raid leader of a guild is a perfect idea for the OP.

It's not like there isn't enough time to assemble some friends before Ashes releases. ;)
  • Options
    Cat QuiverCat Quiver Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    03zuz39jfv2s.gif
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »

Totally agree, @Mag7spy.

Leaning on NPC summons to do everything for you is fine for single-player RPGs.

Leaning on NPC summons to do everything for you in MMOs? That could lead to unbalanced and unimaginative gameplay ... depending on the complexity of player control over their summons.

Which is why being raid leader of a guild is a perfect idea for the OP.

It's not like there isn't enough time to assemble some friends before Ashes releases. ;)

Not just unbalanced and unimaginative. It goes against the very core concept of what MMORPGs are supposed to be.
  • Options
    Warth wrote: »
    Not just unbalanced and unimaginative. It goes against the very core concept of what MMORPGs are supposed to be.

I could see it being appropriate if the MMO in question is all about being a military leader and everybody gets their own NPC minions, but that's not exactly the goal of most MMOs, now is it?