Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Olympiad System NEEEDED in the game! (Same as Lineage2)

Hi,
My post is about adding an olympiad system ingame which would typically last 1month that basically challenge all the people to fight in arena 1v1 and gather points. The player with the most points (for that specific class) gets rewarded a Hero status. Hero status would only last for a month until the next period start. You can mantain your status if you have the most points each season. Hero status is a specific Aura that glows around your character that makes you look unique. Ashes has many things that are unique to players such as owning a flying mount for being a castle leader.
Hero status also gives you access to specific hero chat that everyone can see in the server (with different color letters to differentiate the hero status) that would help themselves and their guild with trading, or other information. Hero status also would give you access to glowing specific Hero weapons that would have different utilities. For example if you choose staff it could have faster casting speed than normal staff which would be beneficial for healers. In Lineage2 they used the hero spear as buff canceling. If you had specific boons that made u stronger, getting hit by hero spear made you loose some of the boons per hit. Lineage2 also had specific hero skills that you get access that usually increased your attack/defence and other resistances for you and your guild members.
That whole system was incentives the guilds to grind for olympiad points because having a hero in your guild would make a difference.
My suggestion here is that these things make the game more unique and add lots of things to work on while playing. Steven I know you played Lineage2 before, please consider this type of system or maybe a similar system that would be unique for Ashes?

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    No.

Game doesn't need to have infinite vorticial progression, even if it only lasts a month.

Ashes of Creation is going to have horizontal progression https://ashes101.com/progression#hprogression that will allow continued development of your character.

What you are looking for is already in Ashes and is the PVP season.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2022
    Steven already commented on this.

dEIY9wh.png
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No.
  • Options
    DeathStyle wrote: »
    Hi,
    My post is about adding an olympiad system ingame which would typically last 1month that basically challenge all the people to fight in arena 1v1 and gather points. The player with the most points (for that specific class) gets rewarded a Hero status. Hero status would only last for a month until the next period start. You can mantain your status if you have the most points each season. Hero status is a specific Aura that glows around your character that makes you look unique. Ashes has many things that are unique to players such as owning a flying mount for being a castle leader.
    Hero status also gives you access to specific hero chat that everyone can see in the server (with different color letters to differentiate the hero status) that would help themselves and their guild with trading, or other information. Hero status also would give you access to glowing specific Hero weapons that would have different utilities. For example if you choose staff it could have faster casting speed than normal staff which would be beneficial for healers. In Lineage2 they used the hero spear as buff canceling. If you had specific boons that made u stronger, getting hit by hero spear made you loose some of the boons per hit. Lineage2 also had specific hero skills that you get access that usually increased your attack/defence and other resistances for you and your guild members.
    That whole system was incentives the guilds to grind for olympiad points because having a hero in your guild would make a difference.
    My suggestion here is that these things make the game more unique and add lots of things to work on while playing. Steven I know you played Lineage2 before, please consider this type of system or maybe a similar system that would be unique for Ashes?

yeah olys were cool but they ended up becoming a business. people would just buy or trade hero, throw matches and feed points. so being a hero only meant that it was ur turn this month or that u bought it with real money.

theres already something similar with the mayor system. sure other players might help but you kind of have to earn it by yourself, for the most part and it lasts for a month

and i think theres also temporary legendary gear that is stronger than regular gear, but you cant use it forever, kind of like the hero weapons and buffs.

theres also the pvp season :D i expect people doing less rmt for that
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2022
    Would be great. The thing about L2s olympiad that people dont get was the subclass, third class, noblese epic journey that allowed you to qualify.
    I dont think Ashes can cover all that because they are focused on other things.

Sadly, I dont see it happening and achieving the same greatness. But there will be other things to provide fun and sense of accomplishment.

Anyway, the people that didnt play L2 will never get it, support for the concept wont be enough and if Steven doesnt want to see it through globally there wont be a change of heart.
  • Options
    Did L2 launch w/the Olympiad system?
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Did L2 launch w/the Olympiad system?
    Nope, it came later. So it'd be totally fine to have it in an expansion in Ashes. Would bring some spice to endgame for all the veteran players and give smth to strive for for all the newcomers.
  • Options
    I figured that might be the case. Always good to have good ideas in the backlog, while still keeping the core game light and tight to deliver.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Certainly a thing i would love to see in Ashes as a future expansion, thankfully its open as a possibility.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    Personally I'm more interested to see what ashes will do that makes it ashes and what cool game design ideas they can make. Then simply just copying all aspects of other games instead of making something new and fun fitting with how AoC is.