Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Character creator site idea

WallerianWallerian Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
An idea i had is that Intrepid creates a site that hosts previews and downloads for easy access to presets of peoples PC, NPC and mount/pet creations made by them. This site would be linked in the character creator and you could choose if you'd want to upload your creations to this site or not.

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure I understand. You're looking for Intrepid to host a website with pre-made character files for people to use as plug-ins for the character creator in-game? And have other players upload their own characters for the same purposes?
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I can't really imagine using it myself, but particularly with all the customization present in Tulnar, it would probably be good to have an official method of sharing character creator "presets" with others. Maybe with a "secret code" vs publically shared option. I'd never want to look exactly like someone else, but it'd be useful for Tulnar "family members" to be able to start from the same "racial template" their family head designed, then add a few tweaks of their own.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    What are you asking exactly?

Are you asking for something sorta like Steam has for Planet Coaster called 'Workshop'? Where people can create in-game custom pre-made templates that they can upload online that people can choose and download in their character creation?

I like the idea, but not for Ashes. The character creation is not all THAT advanced that people will spend hours and hours to create a character. If this game had sandbox housing where you could build furniture/houses from scratch with different materials, then yes i'd be all for it. Or even if this game had sandbox instances you could build from scratch. But other than that, i don't see that we need this function.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    The beauty of a non-exact character creator with sliders rather than presets is that very few characters will almost ever look exactly alike. I don’t think we need a bunch of body doubles running around, especially knowing the kind of IRL influence people would bring to their uploads to get reactions.

I think we’re good without this system.
  • Options
    BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited August 2022
    If I understand correctly, you want to be able to design your character before launch using a website or tool, save it on a file and, when the game launches, all you need to do is upload said file and your character appearance will be the same you created using the aforementioned tool.

I'm not against this idea, but it would probably take too many resources to make it work.

I think that an alternative would be to allow backers to create their character in the server they want a couple of days before launch. That would even help Intrepid get an idea of how many extra servers they will probably need for launch, just from backers, not counting the thousands of people who will start playing once Ashes has 1 million concurrent viewers on Twitch.
    The character creation is not all THAT advanced that people will spend hours and hours to create a character.

You're 100% incorrect 😂.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    The devs are planning to release the Character Creator before launch, so...
    Yes. We should be able to create characters before launch, save the appearances and then upload the files when the game launches.

Lots of people will spend hours creating characters.

I dunno that Intrepid will have an Ashes site where people can trade find premade characters and upload them.
  • Options
    So you want something like the Beauty Album from BDO? It wouldn't hurt to have someplace to flaunt your creations and store them, but It shouldn't allow you to just copy/paste other people's hours of work in one click.
    Never trust a Rogue