Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Possible Caravan Attack Workaround?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If six bounty hunters are sitting there, any non combatant is just gonna be able to grab their stuff and go.
    People will grab their stuff and go in any case.
    If PKers want to risk Corruption in order to grab more loot, they can do so.
    If that becomes common, you can expect Bounty Hunters to choose to hang close to Caravans, even if they don't participate. Though there may be Bounty Hunters attacking and there may be Bounty Hunters defending.

This is also all heavily dependent on how long the pvp zone lasts after the caravan is wrecked because the zone automatically reverts non combatants to combatants, making them fair game.
    I expect the PvP zone to immediately disappear after the Caravan is destroyed, so...
    It's really more of a matter of how long people remain flagged as Combatant. If they don't immediately auto-flag back to Non-Combatant, it's 90 seconds to revert from Combatant to Non-Combatant.
  • Options
    I assumed the PVP zone would disappear immediately as well. Depending on whether it does or not will definitely determine how I go about transporting goods.
  • Options
    I think it’s interesting that “Anyone may loot the caravan's wreckage.”

Did Steven say this? Hopefully that's just half the explanation, which should be something like this:

Anyone may loot the caravan's wreckage, after the original attackers' loot timer.

In my mind, the Caravan loot should be like any mob loot: it's only lootable by the killing character/party/raid for X seconds and after that anyone can loot it.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Caravan_PvP

yfolhbgyas9f.png

@BaSkA13 I got it from one of the bullet points off the wiki. However it’s also been mentioned that…..
    Dygz wrote: »
    IIRC, there is a time window before the dropped loot is lootable by non-participants, but, yes... Non-Combatants who are friends with the defenders can pick up some of the loot.

I believe that’s all the info we have on that so far but I’ll keep reading through the Caravan info on wiki.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I keep forgetting that it's certificates for goods rather than just goods in the caravan. So I guess any one person could in fact just yoink it all up and easily cash it in the point of origin.

So my point about "attackers/defenders can't take all the loot" was moot.
  • Options
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    I keep forgetting that it's certificates for goods rather than just goods in the caravan. So I guess any one person could in fact just yoink it all up and easily cash it in the point of origin.

@NiKr I've listened to the segment where the statement comes from. Good question @Dygz

It can't just be yoinked it sounds like. They plan for the attackers to be fighting over who gets it in a FFA where even defender and non participants are able to participate.

Which i like as a system. That means that you aren't guaranteed any reward even if you successfully attack unless you also get rid of the other bandits and people around.

Probably through some cast time to pick up some loot and a pvp zone that stay post destruction.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Warth wrote: »
    It can't just be yoinked it sounds like. They plan for the attackers to be fighting over who gets it in a FFA where even defender and non participants are able to participate.
    Well yeah, there's still competition for the loot itself, but I saw it more as a "you literally can't carry all the contents of the caravan even if you wanted to", while in reality it's just "you'll have to fight for your right to grab the loot, but, on the off chance there's no one else around, you can still take it all".
  • Options
    Warth wrote: »
    Well yeah, there's still competition for the loot itself, but I saw it more as a "you literally can't carry all the contents of the caravan even if you wanted to", while in reality it's just "you'll have to fight for your right to grab the loot, but, on the off chance there's no one else around, you can still take it all".

Sounds that way to me as well. Which is fine as a concept i feel like.
  • Options
    I’m curious if certain classes will be more suited to run up, take, and make a beeline for it. For example rouges could turn invisible and make a speedy bolt for the goods. While attackers and defenders are still fighting over who gets to grab at the wreckage, a rouge looter can take their fill.

(Note. I know rouges can still kinda be seen while invisible but if I’m fighting they’ll be less noticeable)

Summoners may be able to have a tank summon hold off attackers while they run to grab the loot.
  • Options
    Certain classes will always be better suited for certain tasks. That's the whole premise of having classes in the first place. Thats not even a question @SaltyOnigiri
  • Options
    Haha, @Warth I know. Hence why I didn't ask it as a question. Like I've said earlier in the thread
    Once again I am excited for the game and really just want this thread to bring any possible concerns to the teams attention while also letting us stave off our boredom with speculation and ideas.

Technically since we don't know a lot of the mechanics of the game, everything we've mentioned could be useless speculation and needless concerns. I'm just making statements and talking about what I'm concerned and/or excited about with the possibilities of this game.
  • Options
    I would hire a non combatant to grab my stuff if the caravan is destroyed and attempt to run back to the city with it. If the attackers, kill the player, half the resources from the wreckage would drop but they would also go from a combatant to a corrupted. This creates a chance for them to drop gear upon death. Even better I’d ask a bounty hunter to also follow the caravan so he can immediately go after the now corrupted player in exchange for him taking any profit that drops from the attacker.

And, in hiring so many other players to go along with your caravan, that itself cost you resources to make, you're losing all your profit from running the caravan in the first place.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    @daveywavey true. However I think it would be a lot less players than we think due to certificates, which i also forgot about.

Technically that would mean I’d only need one player to grab and most of my money would be spent on defenders or maybe even tipping off a few BH to follow if they want a possible chance at free corrupted.
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    @daveywavey true. However I think it would be a lot less players than we think due to certificates, which i also forgot about.

Technically that would mean I’d only need one player to grab and most of my money would be spent on defenders or maybe even tipping off a few BH to follow if they want a possible chance at free corrupted.

This is your friendly neighborhood reminder that players will not earn corruption for attacking a caravan:
    The Wiki wrote:
    Caravans create an open PvP zone that flags players for combat (purple).[60]
    (ref: Caravan PVP)

Even if you're focused on players who are going to pick up items and try to run off, and then the attackers will kill them to get their stuff, even if we assume the PvP zone ends early those BH would be better off defending in the first place. They'd get rewarded even if the attackers failed. The attackers will be prepared for the "after party" either way, if they're not totally inexperienced and incompetent. Post-caravan looting is specifically intended to be a PvPfest free for all. Anyone who seriously attacks caravans will know to be ready for it.
  • Options
    I think by "free Corrupted" he means after the Caravan has been destroyed.
    The PvP zone ends. Everyone becomes a Non-Combatant as they loot the Caravan.
    Some people choose to kill looters in order to gain more loot and become Corrupted.
    Bounty Hunters are lurking nearby to deal with those PKers.