Mob Types vs. Classes?

DeadDucklingDeadDuckling Member
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
So far the devs have not shared too much info about mob categories outside of World Mob, Elite Mob, and Bosses. While the wiki currently lists "mobs types" as "Bears, Demons, Mushrooms, etc" I'm instead speaking more about mechanics, abilities, movement, damage types, and weaknesses of a mob and placing those specs into boarder "types".
Obviously, more dynamic fighting could take place with a wider variety of mob types, with some having disadvantage/weakness against specific classes.

For example
  • Cleric vs Undead type (healing spells damage ghouls and skeletons)
  • Summoner vs Swarm/group type (player's minions can crowd-control mobs that can't be kited individually)
  • Ranger (or Mage) vs Flying type (attack from a distance. Flying mobs HAVE been confirmed by the devs, so this one's happening)
  • Bard vs Buffed Mob type (can debuff the mob making it easier to fight)

What other types of mob would you like to see in the game? Are their mob specs/abilities you can think of that would pair well with specific classes?

Comments

• AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So far the devs have not shared too much info about mob categories outside of World Mob, Elite Mob, and Bosses. While the wiki currently lists "mobs types" as "Bears, Demons, Mushrooms, etc" I'm instead speaking more about mechanics, behavior, movement, damage types, and weaknesses of a mob and grouping those specs into boarder "types".
    Obviously, more dynamic fighting could take place with a wider variety of mobs types, with some having disadvantage/weakness against specific classes.

For example
    Cleric vs Undead type (healing spells damage ghouls and skeletons)
    Summoner vs Swarm/group type (player's minions can crowd-control mobs that can't be kited individually)
    Ranger (or Mage) vs Flying type (attack from a distance. Flying mobs HAVE been confirmed by the devs, so this one's happening)
    Bard vs Buffed Mob type (can debuff the mob making it easier to fight)

What other types of mob would you like to see in the game? Are their mob specs/abilities you can think of that would pair well with specific classes?

Coming from the main game I do, I just 'always think of everything in these terms', but I also believe that even considering Ashes' Archetype 'strictness', builds will be varied enough that you can't decide it.

Technically everyone can 'attack from a distance', for example.

Even if I shift to 'mob weaknesses vs build-specific strengths', it doesn't occur to me to have any 'limit' on this. Every mob is just 'a general collection of traits' to me (mechanically), so the list would get extremely long, for example, what are they resistant to, how quickly do they attack, etc.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Hey! Don't forget giga chad fighter just uhhh..... beating ass!
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    • Ranger (or Mage) vs Flying type (attack from a distance. Flying mobs HAVE been confirmed by the devs, so this one's happening)

The last time we saw flying mobs the flying mobs were static and nuked the devs. We're not sure if the flying mobs will swoop to attack or if we will be able to counter air power from the ground. I've highlighted these issues before. Ground AoE is useless against flying mobs (Player dragons) though ground AoE from flying mobs (Player dragons) will devastate the enemy forces. I've requested proper AoE rather than Totems and ground AoE. Good luck doing aoe ground heals to support the players in the air.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif