Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PvP Tank

In terms of pvp I want to see more viable forms of tanking, that is something I feel aoc should take inspiration from mobas. One of the things I would like to maybe do as a tank mage is be able to redirect projectiles to me. I feel that tanks in most mmos pvp just feel bland, the most interesting things are usually cc spam, healing, or deflect damage. I feel that a lot more could be done which would also make pve more interesting as a tank.

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You should put your suggestion in the dev thread above the column. The devs will read it that way.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    In terms of pvp I want to see more viable forms of tanking, that is something I feel aoc should take inspiration from mobas. One of the things I would like to maybe do as a tank mage is be able to redirect projectiles to me. I feel that tanks in most mmos pvp just feel bland, the most interesting things are usually cc spam, healing, or deflect damage. I feel that a lot more could be done which would also make pve more interesting as a tank.

In most pvp mmos tanks are key, with guard mechanics and body blocking
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    YouTube pax 2017 tank pvp experience.
    The videos are early proof of concept but the Wall ability could prove to be very powerful in PvP changing the battlefield temporarily and forcing your opponents where you want them. That and the pull ability they have shown could make them a must have in group PvP.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    I want to see if they will do anything with taunt in pvp
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Has taunt been confirmed?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    @SirChancelot the easiest thing they can do is simply placing the "Taunt" effect on a cc ability.

CC abilities tend to be pretty useless in PvE Boss Encounters
    Taunts tend to be pretty useless in PvP Encounters.

Put both on the same skill, and you'll have a skill useful for both. Quik mafs.
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »

Has taunt been confirmed?

I guess it hasn't, but I would be more surprised if it didn't show up than if it did.

In an action combat game I was thinking it would be fun if it camera locked a player into having them forced to face the tank. Or they could do notable damage reduction to the tanks nearby allies.

I think CC and aggro are already in his kit, not that "generating a lot of threat" does any good in a PVP setting.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Taunt is most likely replaced with Javelin.