Tulnar - Bird?

As the title suggests, please add a flightless humanoid bird option for the bestial Tulnar caste.
I can only imagine how many variations there would be in face and plumage alone.

Comments

• JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't necessarily want bird, but since birds are basically dinosaurs I always felt that feathered depictions of dragons, and avian style muzzle and hair options made sense to incorporate as an option for most dragonic playable races. I noted this request in the dev discussion. Hopefully it got picked up as a suggestion.
    Node coffers: Single Payer Capitalism in action
  • It was mentioned before there will be no Bird-Like Tulnar
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    WillowFae wrote: »
    As the title suggests, please add a flightless humanoid bird option for the bestial Tulnar caste.
    I can only imagine how many variations there would be in face and plumage alone.

Tbf Birds are like the one racial type they can't use for Tulnar since one of the bits of lore that we know is that the avian races took to the skies during the Apocalypse instead of going into the Underrealm.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Talents wrote: »

Tbf Birds are like the one racial type they can't use for Tulnar since one of the bits of lore that we know is that the avian races took to the skies during the Apocalypse instead of going into the Underrealm.

Avian Expansion Race?

Probably get all my alts thereafter.
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Yeah, it couldn't have been a bad apocolypse after all. If the avian races can survive by flying away then the catastrophe must have been localised to the ground. If the tulnar survived under ground, the impact to the ground must have been minimal too.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    SongRune wrote: »

Avian Expansion Race?

That is my thought too. Without the flying most likely. Not sure what the lore behind that would be, but from a gameplay mechanics standpoint, we can't have a flying race :wink:
  • Nerror wrote: »

Avian Expansion Race?

That is my thought too. Without the flying most likely. Not sure what the lore behind that would be, but from a gameplay mechanics standpoint, we can't have a flying race :wink:

How would we feel about a race which can glide? It's still an "OP" option for them, but certainly better than flying altogether.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Asgerr wrote: »
    Nerror wrote: »

Avian Expansion Race?

How would we feel about a race which can glide? It's still an "OP" option for them, but certainly better than flying altogether.

I thought about it, but honestly, still no thanks IMO. Too much advantage in PvP I think.

If we get an avian race, I think Intrepid have to make up some reason they can't use their wings anymore, or maybe they even lost them. Or do the Tulnar version of crossbreeding with other races until they lost use of the wings that way.
    The bird race would be good to combat Dragons. Not sure if Dragons can still attack though. When I say Dragons I mean the Player Mounts.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Asgerr wrote: »
    Nerror wrote: »

Avian Expansion Race?

Depends on what they lose to compensate for it. They could take a huge hit to strength or constitution since birds are usually more frail with hollow bones and all.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Future bird race will be based on…

Dodo.jpg

Hhak63P.png
    The most feared guild on each server will be 'The Dodo Destroyers'. Their motto will be 'You'll be dead like the dodos'.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Atama wrote: »
    Future bird race will be based on…

Dodo.jpg

I foresee and predict that this future-coming race shall live on forever!

• TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2022
    Neurath wrote: »

Yeah, it couldn't have been a bad apocolypse after all. If the avian races can survive by flying away then the catastrophe must have been localised to the ground. If the tulnar survived under ground, the impact to the ground must have been minimal too.

The bird races did get hit by the apocalypse. They thought they would survive by taking to the skies but instead they became corrupted. It's how the Sladeborne came to be.
    nI17Ea4.png
    Ah yes, the flesh depraved zombie ghouls. I forgot the name. Thanks for the update :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    This is how I see an avian race
    umfx5wsqd2fm.gif
  • Are there not some concepts of an NPC avian faction? I think it is important to have some non-player factions, (goblins, bird folk, etc) to populate the world and act as a thematic guide for mobs, dungeons, raids, etc.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    The Sladeborne are bird people.
    Seen in videos and they were in alpha 1.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.