Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A node just for bandits?

As I watched the livestream with the map discovery and the nodes function and rewatched it throughly, in my mind something had miss the whole time and it was a very easy but not common answer, a bandit camp. Hear me out there will be player with a red status above but I think it’s nasty to give them bounty without giving them a home bc bounty hunter can just camp till the ones get out of safe zone and just murder them. And that’s why I would love to see a node that is only usable if you have a red mark above you. So it makes the caravan thing more tactic since if you apply something like that in the game maybe players will avoid the route where the node of the bandits got placed and instead take a longer route just to be a bit safer. The bandits home will also have some benefits as some negatives like you can be executed in a militaristic city or as a buff you get more recources by stealing but you won’t be able to safely enter a city that is my thought about that I have some more to say about this but i am already happy sending such a request.

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No.

Corruption will not be a way of life. It is a Punishment.
  • Options
    tautau wrote: »
    No.

The Black Cat speaks the truth!
  • Options
    UnderdelveUnderdelve Member
    edited August 2022
    Delete (double post)
  • Options
    GDXGDX Member
    tautau wrote: »
    No.

Yeah you are right still it would habpve been fun seeing bandits camp here and there since they wouldn’t be able to safely enter cities
  • Options
    GDX wrote: »
    Yeah you are right still it would habpve been fun seeing bandits camp here and there since they wouldn’t be able to safely enter cities
    That would defeat the point of it being a punishment.
  • Options
    As much as I love the idea of outlaw cities. Just utilize the Military Nodes and their reduction of how much corruption you receive. Closest we will get to "bandit" camps
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    @GDX
    There is nothing stopping a group of guilds from banding together, growing a node, and attacking anyone they please. The node could theoretically achieve notoriety to where the players that live around avoid the area and avoid driving caravans through the area for safety such as you described.

However, if any individual player chooses to attack and kill players that do not fight back too much and become corrupted, then there will not be any benefits for being corrupted. This is to prevent corruption from becoming a reward rather than a deterrent.

Also, nodes are not a safe zone. It is possible to kill players in nodes as long as they are not selling in a market stall.