Character naming: A few questions

I see on the wiki page that character names will be a minimum of 3 characters, not using special characters and will be a first name and optional surname.

1. What is the maximum number of characters?
2. Will the surname serve as the unique identifier should you use the same first name as someone else?
3. Can we use more than one space to in effect create a name with first, middle and surname?

I think being able to create a name with a middle name would provide more RP options and character detail.

thank you.

Comments

• In order:
    1. We don't know yet. Although I imagine a limit exists, even if it's just for space on name plates and server performance.
    2. As last names are optional, I imagine that it won't really allow you to have the same name as others
    3. We don't know yet. Although I'm guessing you can. I don't think it requires more than one space though. Likely last names will be their own field, so you only need to separate first and middle name in the "name" field.

Last names seem to mostly be used for the family system, where players can be part of a family group, and then they share a last name, with someone marrying in, gaining that last name.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Just to expand upon this as a suggestion for the devs is, could it be possible to add a list of Non-name elements to a character name for rp purposes, for example The, Lord, Lady, Sir, Ser, Madam etc. for name prefixs.(perhaps some of the titles could be locked to achievements eg. you get Lord as an available prefix when you a faction leader holding a stronghold) Also joiners like of, from etc. eg. The Duke of Hazard where you could make your in game First name Duke last Hazard but the flavor name options make it display as "The Duke of Hazard" this would better allow for rp-esque names while allowing the game to clearly distinguish first and last names if used in text in game. While not forcing people to put needless apostrophes to break up otherwise separate words The'Duke of'Hazard is an unfortunate in game compromise for a name.
    2edh26ackfsa.png
    The Wolves of Verra
    are recruiting: https://discord.gg/Rt8G3sNYac