Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Summoner Info

So I have read the Wiki (multiple times) on the Summoner, scoured the internet looking for information, etc.

But has there been any actual visual information on the Summoner and what their summons/abilities might look like yet? I am hoping I might have missed at least one video or series of screenshots/stills showing some of this archetype!

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Summoner and Bard will be the last archetypes to be revealed. Not even sure if we will see them before A2. It will be A2 at the latest.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    :s

But... fine...
  • Options
    I think summoner is going to be the meme class of ashes with players trying to force a top tier dps build while the class strength lies somewhere else. That's my prediction :D
  • Options
    Don't worry brother, we must listen while these martials sit in their castles and towers while we prepare. We will summon the ice elementals from the frigid mountains, the fire elementals from the lava fields, animals of the forests and deserts will follow our every command. When our time comes even those who thought they were safe will feel the shadowmancers blade as it stabs them in the back. Once we march these armies onto the lands of our enemies and raise them from the dead it is them who will listen.
  • Options
    Bullvinne wrote: »
    :s

But... fine...

Right there with you dude
  • Options
    Morg7x7 wrote: »
    I think summoner is going to be the meme class of ashes with players trying to force a top tier dps build while the class strength lies somewhere else. That's my prediction :D

Looking at the summoner info on the wiki you can choose between dps, support and tank when summoning minions. So I'm Predicting that the best way to build summoner (at least the build I'm going to aim for) would be for a jack of all trades master of none. Basically switching between different summons depending on the situation (which could be possibly quite useful during a raid). Not excelling in any of the 3 categories but being able to hold their own and I'm thinking that versatility is going to be their main strength and you can build of that to lean more towards one of the 3 or balance yourself between 2 or all of them.
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    Summoner and Bard will be the last archetypes to be revealed. Not even sure if we will see them before A2. It will be A2 at the latest.

mamisad-esad.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    ElwendryllElwendryll Member
    edited August 2022
    Sashocku wrote: »
    [...] jack of all trades master of none [...]
    ... but oftentimes better than master of one.

Versatility is very valuable, especially in a PvX game :)
  • Options
    DrMiller wrote: »
    Don't worry brother, we must listen while these martials sit in their castles and towers while we prepare. We will summon the ice elementals from the frigid mountains, the fire elementals from the lava fields, animals of the forests and deserts will follow our every command. When our time comes even those who thought they were safe will feel the shadowmancers blade as it stabs them in the back. Once we march these armies onto the lands of our enemies and raise them from the dead it is them who will listen.

"Captain, I see an army of 100+ approaching!"

Captain looks through his viewing glass on the horizon*

"No, that's just 10 summoners... Flee for your lives!!!!!"
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »

I am pretty sure I heard on a live stream that all 8 primary archetypes should be ready for Alpha 2.
  • Options
    Posted this in another thread but figured I'd put it here as well as it's the same subject. I love pet classes but only Age of Conan had a true mass pet class in any mmo I've played. I'd love to have a minimum of 5 pets but preferably 10 or more. Problem is this causes lagg in MMOs if too many people do it.

Copy paste from other summoner thread.
    In Age of Conan I used to play a Necromancer, it had a really cool mechanic. You could lower your max HP to summon more mobs.
    I made a video about it like 10 years ago. If I remember correctly you could get up to 7 more mobs but your HP was reduced from around 7000 down to 100.

When I play a summoner I want the summon to be the main source of everything I do. I'd love for a way to reduce my own HP and/or damage to boost the summon/s.

I prefer the mass mob summoner instead of just one powerful one. Problem is this can cause a lot of problems in an mmo if many people do it.
    Then again in Age of Conan you could have 21 summons at the same time and that game is like 10 years old or something.

Age of Conan had another mechanic as well, you could summon an altar and people could click it to help you power up spells. You took damage when doing it so healers were needed but it would be cool if 10 summoners could summon a really big monster or something like that.

Or if you could power up spells by having players of the same class channel their power into another player to unleash a really powerful spell or ability.

Army of the Dead
  • Options
    Yeah I liked Age of Conan, too bad its a dead game now. I think GW1 Necromancer was probably the next best mass-mob summoner I can think of. Necro/Ritualist with a full henchmen group and you could have 15 or so bodies following you around easily between the necro summons, ritualist spirits, and henchmen/heros.