Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Concept - Self-generating enemy villages

PlandemoniumPlandemonium Member
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
Hello Adventurers,

"The Node System in Ashes of Creation prevents the inevitable situation in all other MMORPGs where a player who was not present at the launch of a server spends the majority of their time “grinding” to “max level” and rarely encounters any other human players during this process. Instead, with the Nodes concept new players will encounter populated areas very shortly after leaving the starting areas around the Divine Gates and the starter camps."

So how do the creators want to solve the problem of the variety of monsters to kill, so that both those with lvl 5 and those with lvl 50 can exp in the same area ? I hope the monsters don't scale to the lvl of the player.

It is my understanding that once a certain level of the city is developed, an live event such as a new dragon boss appears on the NOD. This makes high lvl players have the opportunity to gain experience for themselves. Maybe it would be possible to develop this aspect of the game and build in a system of automatic generation of villages/camps of goblins, bandits, deserters, pirates or others. Low-level players would not be able to attack such a village and would have to bypass it, but an organised group of 50 lvl characters would be able to defeat the village and get paid for it. Let's say that when such a village was defeated by players 50 times, it would be destroyed completely. The quest would be set by a major who had a vested interest in making the sinister encampment disappear because it would stand in close proximity to the road making it difficult to transport the caravans.

- For example, bandit villages would be generated automatically in places where system records a high number of attacks on players (pvp),
- A pirate village on some small island where ships have recently been destroyed, or there has been some big naval battle,
- Goblin camp, where players kill a large number of monsters.

If encampment is not destroyed within a certain time, it is promoted to a higher level.

It would also make players constantly have to change areas in which they exp, change ship routes, caravan routs. At the same time, it would solve the problem I mentioned at the beginning. There would be work for both low and high lvls in one area (in close proximity to node).

In addition, inhabitants of a neighbouring NODE could counteract the destruction of encampment by defending it or financing its faster advancement. Thus, they would sabotage competing city in order to advance their.

What do you think about such a solution?

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Mob variety is mostly solved by mob populations appearing and disappearing based on the Stages of all the Nodes and the buildings and services players choose to construct ad destroy.
    The Events system will also dictate which mobs appear where...and when.
    The Seasons system will also factor in.

Low level player characters have roles to play.
    Events can impact Stage 3 Nodes as well as Stage Nodes.
    The Alpha 1 had Goblin camps/villages.
  • Options
    I'm just wondering if there will be enough space within a single NOD to place monsters for each character lvl range, i.e. from 1 to 50.
  • Options
    heebi wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if there will be enough space within a single NOD to place monsters for each character lvl range, i.e. from 1 to 50.

Probably not completely. And that will force players to level up first in the surrounding vassal nodes, and as they level, move towards the larger node.

It also allows to give you that fantasy of starting in a village or encampment and as you level, you arrive at the large Metropolis of your zone.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Asgerr wrote: »
    heebi wrote: »

Probably not completely. And that will force players to level up first in the surrounding vassal nodes, and as they level, move towards the larger node.

It also allows to give you that fantasy of starting in a village or encampment and as you level, you arrive at the large Metropolis of your zone.

I hadn't thought of it that way. That seems cool <3