Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Release DATE?

ZuluAnimalZuluAnimal Member
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
Is theer an actual guestimate time for a rtelease date because its seems to be dragging on and on. Will this game ever be released?

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Not yet. Waiting on alpha 2 at this moment and hopefully that is sooner rather then later.
    Probably 2 years at this point but hard to say how much is done they haven't shown yet.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    If anybody tells you a date, they're full of shit, unless it's Steven himself.

My guess is that Alpha 2 will begin in 2023, probably Q3 or Q4. And, regardless of when Alpha 2 begins, I believe it will last for at least one year.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I doubt the devs will start before xmas. Alphas make the dev's workload double or treble. Makes no sense to disrupt two xmas/thanks giving periods. Its would be better to have the xmas/thanks giving period be less frantic by being at the later point rather than the mid or start point.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    Release will occur before Star Citizen does...
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    No it will never be released.
  • Options
    I'm guessing alpha 2 will be this year and release will be 2024, I have no basis for this, just tons of copium lol
  • Options
    I pray to the gamer gods that we at least get some sort of announcement by the end of this year-
    with hopes of something playable by the end of next year.

I dunno if it's just me but the current video game landscape is TERRIBLE.

I've spent the last 3 years building up from absolutely nothing to having a fully built and lag free
    i12900k w/ 3090TI and I'm playing games that came out in 2010 on it. Lag free, but still.

What timeline is this?

Somebody halp.

Steven halp.

Pls.
    ob4olqinudwv.png

discord.gg/pFCdaWM - Building a community across multiple games,
    including Ashes of Creation! Looking for members of all kinds to really pour
    our all into the Alpha 2, Betas, and then launch.
  • Options
    AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    alpha 2 will be the big test from there on out i (personal opinion) guess that it will release 1-2 years after it.
    but only steven or intrepid officials can tell when it will be. but i expect it will not release before 2024

but if you keep watching the monthly streams you will find some hints on when to expect alpha 2 cuase alpha 2 will have the full map for example and yet there is a lot of landmass missing atm. luckly we now have all races which could be called a milestone on the development of the game. but for the rest a montain of work bigger than everest is still upon the team to dig thru. luckly there are more peoples now to dig than before and the amount of potential diggers is on the rise.
  • Options
    BaSkA13 wrote: »
    If anybody tells you a date, they're full of shit, unless it's Steven himself.

all-of-this-pointing.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    ZuluAnimal wrote: »
    Is theer an actual guestimate time for a rtelease date because its seems to be dragging on and on. Will this game ever be released?

It'll be ready when it's ready. Rushing release is what screwed up New World, we don't want that happening here. Just sit down, lose your expectations, and enjoy the ride. :)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    RottenStrayRottenStray Member
    edited August 2022
    My best guess:
    Mid-2025 w/ announcement of actual date at the end of 2024.

I think alpha 2 starts at the beginning of next year (plus or minus 3 months and including the potential for delays).

I think beta 1 will begin 9 months to a year after the end of alpha 2.

I think beta 2 is hard to guess. I'd go with a safe bet they will start one-year post beta. You could assume that Ashes in beta 2 is an indication that it's getting ready to release (Increasing the likelihood of announcement). I think intrepid will be cautious not to announce beta 2 until they are VERY confident it will go well because it is so close to release. Plus we can't make the sin of upsetting content creators.

So long as intrepid has money, they will be in no hurry. Which is good for those that want to see that.

However, I'd say that anything later than mid-2025 is falling into scam territory. A team of monkeys high on fecal fumes could produce an MMO in less than 10 years.

No copium. Just a guy on the internet wishing for a good MMO.
  • Options
    my personal guess is 2025 just based off when the team size got bigger for production but who knows cause i only do call center stuff as my job and have no idea how game production truly works
  • Options
    Before 2030 or all the ice melts whichever happens first.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    DarkUnicastDarkUnicast Member
    edited October 2022
    Hi guys, I just found out today about this game and I'm hooked.
    I've searched information on the internet for two hours before creating my Interpid account and now looking through the Forum posts it seems that there is no new info about the release.

So I'm guessing that i cannot play this game at all at the moment in any stage of the beta that it currently is, right ?

If that's true than I must admit that I'll have a very boring week/month or even year :))
    I appreciate and I really like that they are not rushing this game at all, but I cannot stop wanting to play it, especially after i saw some videos on youtube.

I do not want to spend my money on the "Wayfarer Pre-Order Pack" package unless there is a release date for Open Beta 2
    “Here is a rule to remember in future, when anything tempts you to feel bitter: not "This is misfortune," but "To bear this worthily is good fortune.” - Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Hi guys, I just found out today about this game and I'm hooked.
    I've searched information on the internet for two hours before creating my Interpid account and now looking through the Forum posts it seems that there is no new info about the release.

So I'm guessing that i cannot play this game at all at the moment in any stage of the beta that it currently is, right ?

If that's true than I must admit that I'll have a very boring week/month or even year :))
    I appreciate and I really like that they are not rushing this game at all, but I cannot stop wanting to play it, especially after i saw some videos on youtube.

I do not want to spend my money on the "Wayfarer Pre-Order Pack" package unless there is a release date for Open Beta 2

Welcome to the fam! :relieved: And you are completely right. We are currently waiting on announcement for the Alpha 2 release date, which will 99% happen before end of the year. So you may have to wait a year or so before you hear any word regarding Open Beta 2.

Until then, catch up on https://ashesofcreation.wiki/ . There are plenty of information on there to learn more about the world of Ashes and what we know so far!
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    Lord_MarshalLord_Marshal Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    If all the stars align, then the earliest it would release would be December of 2023.
  • Options

Thanks for the reply guys.
    I'll wait for the Alpha 2 release date to be announced then.
    Once it's announced I'll buy the "Wayfarer Pre-Order Pack" as its the cheapest and if everything is how i saw it to be on different youtube videos, I might then consider upgrading in the future to another package.

I'll keep my eye open for new info.

Thank you again ! :D
    “Here is a rule to remember in future, when anything tempts you to feel bitter: not "This is misfortune," but "To bear this worthily is good fortune.” - Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Thanks for the reply guys.
    I'll wait for the Alpha 2 release date to be announced then.
    Once it's announced I'll buy the "Wayfarer Pre-Order Pack" as its the cheapest and if everything is how i saw it to be on different youtube videos, I might then consider upgrading in the future to another package.

I'll keep my eye open for new info.

Thank you again ! :D

There is a monthly dev update this coming Friday at 11am PST. Hopefully some good news ;)
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited October 2022
    alpha 2 is guestimated at early part of next year by most community members :P and probaly be a year long alpha or so
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It is important to note that all dates given here are player predictions. Intrepid has not set official dates for any future Alpha, Beta, or Release window.
  • Options
    Saying alpha 2 is coming early next year is actual copium. 0 dates are given for anything, they won't give a date unless they are pretty much there do to push back last time from people with them needing extra time, with people not understanding development.
  • Options
    Spot testing will occur this year as mentioned in the last AMA Steven did but will be under NDA.
  • Options
    ZuluAnimal wrote: »

Q4 2024
  • Options
    The way things are progressing I would say we'll see an announcement for Alpha 2 by the end of April 2023 and it starting sometime in Summer. I expect it will be a long running alpha (up to a year) since it will be open until the official launch of the game, and they will be testing/adding features and systems along the way. Launch is harder to predict because we don't know exactly how long the alpha will last, but I'll say the 2nd Half of 2024
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Saying alpha 2 is coming early next year is actual copium. 0 dates are given for anything, they won't give a date unless they are pretty much there do to push back last time from people with them needing extra time, with people not understanding development.

LET US DREAM ;)
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    So I'll make a habbit to check for updates every week.
    But maan... I haven;t been so excited for a game since I was a child :)))
    The day the game comes out I'll make sure I have a bottle of wine at hand and a day off :)))
  • Options

maybe
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »

LET US DREAM ;)

I never said i wasn't on the copium lmfao.
  • Options
    I have a personal guestimate, but there's definitely no actual estimates.

Here's mine to fuel your copium tank:
    Alpha 2 - Q2 2023
    Beta 1 - Q1 2024
    Beta 2 - Q3 2024
    Release - Q4 2024

I do think it will start ramping up over time, hence the shortened times between each milestone. Steven said during the recent AMA that most systems are complete and the biggest hurdle now is just filling in all the content. I think another 6 months from today is reasonable to give us something playable for Alpha 2. 9 months from that should give them time to continue filling out the world and fixing bugs for the larger Beta 1. Then 6 more months of working through bugs and finalizing the content brings us to Beta 2, which is essentially a finished game where the main goal is to iron out the last of the major bugs before release end of 2024.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    I have a personal guestimate, but there's definitely no actual estimates.

Here's mine to fuel your copium tank:
    Alpha 2 - Q2 2023
    Beta 1 - Q1 2024
    Beta 2 - Q3 2024
    Release - Q4 2024

I do think it will start ramping up over time, hence the shortened times between each milestone. Steven said during the recent AMA that most systems are complete and the biggest hurdle now is just filling in all the content. I think another 6 months from today is reasonable to give us something playable for Alpha 2. 9 months from that should give them time to continue filling out the world and fixing bugs for the larger Beta 1. Then 6 more months of working through bugs and finalizing the content brings us to Beta 2, which is essentially a finished game where the main goal is to iron out the last of the major bugs before release end of 2024.

ship it