Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Best Guess I've Seen At Release Date - I probably won't make it.

Last year I heard 2023.

Now I'm hearing 2024.

I'm old, sick, and legitimately concerned that I will not live to see my investment in this game come to fruition.

It's not a lot of money, but it does amount to about a week's food budget.

I'm now wondering if there's any way to get it back and just move on.

I love the idea of this game, but it may have come along too late for me to partake.

Comments

• Options
    I don't know what's their refund policy, so I'd advise sending Intrepid an e-mail.

On a hopeful note, I hope you get better and live enough to enjoy Ashes for a long time.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Well that's because you're listening to people who have no idea what the release date is (aka everyone). There's no official release date, they're just guesses, so don't be surprised when the guesses are wrong.

If you bought your pack within the last 90 days then you can ask for a refund, if not then you're out of luck.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    I bought it more than a year ago.

Seems like waste now. I really wanted to do this, but I'm down to one kidney the cyst there is growing. I'm not committing to long-term dialysis.

Big picture, this isn't a crippling loss, but it just doesn't seem like I'm going to see anything for what I bought.
  • Options
    I am sorry for what you're going through. If you email intrepid, I'm sure they can help you with your inquiry. Wishing you all the best.
  • Options
    I haven't been able to find a "Contact us" link anywhere on the page. How would I go about emailing them?
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Try "Submit a Request" at the top of this page.
  • Options
    That's what I went with. I found the "contact us" link, but it's either badly broken or incompatible with Firefox.

I did a request. We'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Actual release is still a few years away but alpha 2 is closing in fast and then beta 1 hopefully within a year of that.
  • Options
    Kaldara wrote: »
    It just doesn't seem like I'm going to see anything for what I bought.
    Have you been watching the Twitch streams and YouTube channel? Intrepid has been making a great deal of progress on this revolutionary project. Even though none of it is released yet, there is still plenty for you to see what your money has contributed to.
    I hope you receive the opportunities to get well soon.
  • Options
    Greetings Glorious Adventurer!!

Thanks for reaching out to our support team. We are sorry to hear about your health issues. You have our deepest condolences, and we are holding out hope that you are able to make a full recovery.

We understand that our players may need to request a refund for their purchase, and that is why we have a 90-day refund policy.

We have investigated your situation and found that your purchase was not made within the last 90 days. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request for a refund.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know as we are always happy to assist you.

Adam
    Intrepid Studios
    Customer Support
    https://ashesofcreation.com/

Gosh what an in depth and thoughtful response.

Looked at calendar.

Nope.

Hahahah

I'm surprised that wasn't an autoresponse.

Fynsil wrote: »
    Have you been watching the Twitch streams and YouTube channel? Intrepid has been making a great deal of progress on this revolutionary project. Even though none of it is released yet, there is still plenty for you to see what your money has contributed to.

I'm not going to "get well" - I've lost one kidney to cancer and a new cyst has popped up my other one. I'm not a good candidate for a transplant as I have other health issues. I'm also not signing up for a (short) lifetime of 2-a-week dialysis. Just the transportation costs alone will kill me (or make me homeless) as I can no longer drive and have no local support network.

I had hoped to get a little back as this project is taking a very, very long time to come to fruition and I'm relatively certain I won't live to see it completed.

Watching Twitch streams about how excited they are about small, incremental improvements with no published release date in sight is not something I'm particularly interested in. If I want to watch geeks pleasure themselves about their geekdom, I'm pretty sure I can find more entertaining placed to do it than a Twitch feed. :)

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Kaldara wrote: »
    Greetings Glorious Adventurer!!

Thanks for reaching out to our support team. We are sorry to hear about your health issues. You have our deepest condolences, and we are holding out hope that you are able to make a full recovery.

We understand that our players may need to request a refund for their purchase, and that is why we have a 90-day refund policy.

We have investigated your situation and found that your purchase was not made within the last 90 days. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request for a refund.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know as we are always happy to assist you.

Adam
    Intrepid Studios
    Customer Support
    https://ashesofcreation.com/

Gosh what an in depth and thoughtful response.

Looked at calendar.

Nope.

Hahahah

I'm surprised that wasn't an autoresponse.

Fynsil wrote: »

I'm not going to "get well" - I've lost one kidney to cancer and a new cyst has popped up my other one. I'm not a good candidate for a transplant as I have other health issues. I'm also not signing up for a (short) lifetime of 2-a-week dialysis. Just the transportation costs alone will kill me (or make me homeless) as I can no longer drive and have no local support network.

I had hoped to get a little back as this project is taking a very, very long time to come to fruition and I'm relatively certain I won't live to see it completed.

Watching Twitch streams about how excited they are about small, incremental improvements with no published release date in sight is not something I'm particularly interested in. If I want to watch geeks pleasure themselves about their geekdom, I'm pretty sure I can find more entertaining placed to do it than a Twitch feed. :)

May be a bit personal, but i would provide proof such as a doctor's note or similar. I'm def not saying you're faking anything, but it's easy for people to actually do so without showing a legit reason for them to refund you after the 90 day period. That's my suggestion! I think if you could provide that, then they may show more understanding for your situation.

I truly hope you get well!
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif