Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Players/Guild relocations to chase content & the effect on content design

Seeing as we know that certain content is locked behind the progress of Nodes in an area, it is safe to assume that a section of the players in any given server will rotate through the Nodes to chase said content.
  1. How often do you expect/think is good for players and Guild to do so?
  2. How "total" should a relocation be for it to be effective for a Guild? Is it just a matter of players travelling there and doing content? Will they have to move their Guild hall and materials from nodes to nodes to effectively supply their forays?
  3. How subversive is a new raid being found going to be to a remote node where no large guilds exist? How do you limit, if at all, the impact on the local economy?

My ideas and further questions:

1- I would expect that a set of players and guilds could move within the area of influence of maybe 3 to 5 adjacent Nodes fairly frequently within a month. However I would hope that having to move across one or two continents to reach a specific raid, would happen maybe once a semester at best.

As this would affect Server First races to some extent, should the opening of a newly unlocked raid be advertised globally and given a timer before people can actually enter it? Or would this cheapen the size of the world and its impact on communication?

2 - I would like to see Guilds having to move tons of resources from a Node in the southernmost point of Continent A to the northernmost edge of continent B. This opens up interesting world PvP and Caravan PvP possibilities, as well as making the event akin to a cool crusade or quest where hundreds of players travel together across the world.

Should caravans have a cooldown period before you can start a new one? Or should caravans have a maximum range?
This could lengthen the time it takes to travel across the world for these kinds of reasons, making planning and logistics important to a Guild. Otherwise a player could ride across the world or send a caravan from one node to the other in one day.

3 - I expect a Node, that perhaps was a bit more remote, would receive a massive boost to its economy if hundreds of players flock to it for a newly accessible piece of content. This could lead to a healthy degree of inflation, where prices increase as demand is higher but supply remains the same. Prices increase and merchants are happy.

However what of the local smaller players? Can they now afford to pay and live there? Will they be pushed out of the Node because of prices? What happens once all of those Guilds and players leave? What of the sudden boom in competition for resource gathering with these hundreds of high level players swarming the area?
Sig-ult-2.png

Comments

• Options
    Just thinking about this blows my mind...
  • Options
    Hard to say without being in-game with the content.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Well, it was confirmed on the stream today that travel from end to end takes about 1h30. So there will be literally zero incentive to moving resources across nodes for raids.

Thread closed lol
    Sig-ult-2.png