Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Where is the underworld and how do we find it on the map?

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Where is the underworld and how do we find it on the map?

Comments

• Options
    It's in the literal definition of what an under-realm is.... You ain't gonna find it on the map we have so far.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Just follow your nose. When you smell Tulnar, you’re close.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    It's underneath everything! We may not have a map for it as it may be one of the areas they just haven't finished yet, and with the way the may has changed it might now be being re-ordered. Who knows, maybe you can get from one continent to the other by travelling the underworld, if it hasn't already been said then I hope you can. But maybe because of it's dark and mysterious nature there will never be a map of the underworld like we have of the current map?
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There are caves that lead down.
    Finding them may or may not be a challenge.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    According to the wiki:
    • The underrealm is not contiguous across the entire map. There will be areas that are obstructed by chasms or other features.[6]
    • The location of Underrealm entrances throughout the world is focused around natural geographic choke-points that exist above ground. This provides alternate subterranean routes that can be used by caravans, raids, and other player activities.[6]
    • Not all entrances to the Underrealm will be open at the same time. This can shift dynamically (based on node states) that cause different routes to open up, which may be more or less advantageous than other routes.[6]

But with the new map change, I'm not sure how much of this information will change. I love the fact that entrance points will change, we'll have to learn multiple routs to go in and out.
    "Bravery only means something to those who are afraid of death."
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wonder if it will connect land masses or provide paths to islands?
  • Options
    I wonder how the nodes in the underrealm will look und feel. really excited to see that!

Steven mentioned that the underrealm also counts for the max. of 5 metropoli so there must be lots of space down there!
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The entrances to the Underrealm are at above-ground choke-points that aren't detailed on this map.
    Steven said they will reveal the Underrealm map in a future stream.