Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

All the Races have Cheekbones

I've noticed with all of the races being revealed, be they an in game model or a concept, every race has had very prominent cheekbones and generally sunken cheeks. This is a little strange.

I understand that the character customization options are gonna be crazy, but like Steven said with the Ren'kai physique, the characters they are showing us are the middle of the road for their races. If this level of cheekbones is the norm for every race it's gonna bug me.

This is a very small thing I understand, but still, the level of cheekbonery in Ashes scares me.

Comments

• Options
    I've noticed that more in the concept art than the actual models, but it's true that they're very pronounced on a good chunk of the races.
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    The consequences of having a skull, the more you know ;)
  • Options
    Like most models, they just need to eat more.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lack of food on Sanctus might be a big part of why the invaders are moving to Verra.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    I'm sure every race will have their own visual concept of what skinny and bulky will look like. If the Empyrean are to have a traditional-elven thin, lithe body type, you can probably add some heft to them, but they might not get as full-faced (or full-bellied) as a stout Dunir could be.

Having more angles in showcase models provides better opportunities for interesting light patterns. I doubt many would find this image as visually complex/interesting if his head was shaped like a blueberry:

zvixaawts15i.png
  • Options
    @Sengarden @Urgrosh
    We Dünir need something to grow our beard on!
    ~Marten
    marten.png
    ​“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
  • Options
    TheMarten wrote: »
    @Sengarden @Urgrosh
    We Dünir need something to grow our beard on!

We consume rocks, meat, and beer. We’re just fine. 😉

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png