What Kind of Raid Encounter Could The Cyclops World Boss Be Like

This is regarding the Cyclops presented during the latest monthly showcase which can be looked at on this wiki page: Cyclops

675px-SSLivestream-2022-08-26-35%3A31.30.png

After looking at it a bit I think they tried to misdirect what we would actually experience when they hinted that he'll be using that tree trunk to whack people. While I'm sure he can do that too to me it's a lot more than that.

If you look at what the cyclops is wearing you can see he's not just a simple brawler but has a more shamanistic and/or druid vibe to him and cyclops are usually pretty intelligent and crafty. With that the tree trunk he's carrying is actually more a totem or mobile ward stone.

I'm sure he could use the trunk to squash a lone adventurer that tries to solo him but once things get serious he'll literally plant the trunk into the ground at the roots from which he can summon adds and which casts area buffs and effects. He could also pull a staff from the top of the trunk to start raining down spells and support his adds. One phase could even have him pull out a melee weapon as a possibility.

An obvious strategy would be to destroy the tree trunk but I'm sure one achievement people could go for or even gives better loot because of the difficulty is to defeat the cyclops without destroying his totem. Might even encounter a phase that you wouldn't if you destroyed the totem.

Obviously this is speculation but for me it would be a waste to not use such an interesting design for an interesting encounter. Especially if this is going to be a raid boss.