Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Open Seas (NO CORRUPTION!)

If you were to log off on a boat and your friend takes that boat across the world where would you log in at? On the boat still or back at the beach where the boat left? If it is on the boat, what prevents players from reverse sieging other boats by waiting to log in when their boat gets attacked? Or baiting other boats to come "help you" then siege them.

460o2w80ggpc.png

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    You mean you are alone on your boat when it gets attacked...and then your allies log in as an ambush?
    How does no Corruption factor into that?
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    You mean you are alone on your boat when it gets attacked...and then your allies log in as an ambush?

The seas are an open PvP zone. There's no corruption.
  • Options
    In Archeage if you log off or DC on a boat(or what ever other in movement vehicle) you will login at the exact same coordenate in the world you were, the vehicle being there or not.

I believe Ashes will go for the same, so probably nope, you can't log off at a place and login at new location of the boat.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    TBH, this might sound extreme, but I wonder if Ashes will even allow you to have normal log out benefits while you have your ship summoned. They've said before that you spawn it from a dock (I think) and that there's no carrying a rowboat in your back pocket. So maybe your options will be to either get yourself back to a dock, port the ship, and logout, or potentially forfeit the vessel and whatever goods that're on it after you've been logged out for a certain length of time.

On a boat and log out:
    - Ship stays in place for, let's say, five minutes.
    - Nobody attacks it, it's still in the same place. You log back in onto the boat within five minutes and everything's dandy.
    OR
    - Someone attacks it like a sitting duck and destroys it, your loss.
    OR
    - You don't log back in within five minutes, nobody attacks it, the ship is despawned back to the dock and any goods onboard that you would've lost in PvP are left floating in the water for anyone to pick up until they despawn. The next time you log in, you're either washed up on the nearest shoreline with a small debuff, or if Intrepid is feeling generous, you respawn back on the nearest dockyard.

These are the potential paths I can foresee. Allowing you to log out and have your ship w/ everything on it teleported back to the dock would be easily abused by people trying to avoid the PvP system.
  • Options

Yes. What does that have to do with the ambush?
  • Options

Yes. What does that have to do with the ambush?

Then you can ambush anyone/everyone with no consequences. I am asking what will stop people from doing this? You see one person on a big ship then engage it in combat then 10 people log back in and destroy your ship instead.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Why would it need to be stopped? It's free-for-all PvP combat?
    How would you know how many people are hiding on the ship in the first place?
  • Options
    Why would it need to be stopped? It's free-for-all PvP combat?

I never said it needs to be stopped.
  • Options
    What is meant by the question: What will stop people from doing this?
    ???
  • Options
    What is meant by the question: What will stop people from doing this?
    ???

Usually coming up with an answer like, maybe they will switch open seas back to a corruption system if this turns out to be a bigger problem than Intrepid realized. Or maybe they will have players not be able to log in on boats to easily fix this specific situation.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    LMAO
    Um... then...that means it should be stopped. Right?
    Seems to me ambushing is fair play in a free-for-all PvP zone.
  • Options
    LMAO
    Um... then...that means it should be stopped. Right?
    Seems to me ambushing is fair play in a free-for-all PvP zone.

Then moving while not logged in is fine to you then? Because IMO that's not fine with me. Being able to travel while not logged in seems almost like teleporting.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    That has nothing to do with no Corruption.
  • Options
    Honestly I would say its as simple as putting the player in the spot they logged out at in the ocean if they log back in after being on someone elses boat. Otherwise you could load up a bunch of players with materials, sit them all on the fastest boat, log them all out, sail across to the desired location, and log them all back in. Even if it wasnt free for all, that right there is reason enough to not allow that.
    GJjUGHx.gif