Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alternative Caravan Options: The Corpse Cart

Broaden the scope of caravan gameplay mechanics:
1. Players will now be given the Corpse Cart caravan option.
2. Corpse carts can carry either stolen corpses or a fallen hero.
3. Players using corpse carts will accept contracts with a set delivery location.
4. Once a destination has been determined the corpse cart will be spawned in the same way as normal caravans.
5. Corpse carts will offer different rewards depending on which they are transporting.
a. Stolen corpse deliveries give an "evil karma" currency which may be spent on sinister cosmetics such as weapons, armor, home decoration, or unique titles. Additionally, nodes receiving several shipments of stolen corpses will decrease the node's happiness meter. Once the happiness meter is low enough, nefarious players will be given the option to overthrow the node's governor/mayor.
b. Fallen hero deliveries give "honor karma" currency which will be spent on heroic cosmetics for weapons, armor, home decoration, or unique titles. Nodes receiving shipments of fallen heroes will gain happiness and reduce the threat of a nefarious overthrowing of their leadership.
**Happiness meters are always hidden so that there is always a threat**
6. Attacking carts carrying stolen corpses will give the attacking players a boost to honor while reducing their overall corruption. Defending stolen corpses will earn the evil karma currency and increase corruption.
7. Attacking fallen hero carts will earn the attacker large amounts of corruption. Defending it will gain honor and reduce corruption.
8. Corpse carts will have a significant movement speed buff while traveling at night.
9. Corpse carts will not be able to carry tradable goods.

I hope this was a fun read.
I'll be posting my other caravan option ideas over the next few days. =)

Comments

• Options
    IronhopeIronhope Member
    edited August 2022
    Wouldn't we need a giant Urn on wheels considering we turn to ashes when we die in this game?
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ashes doesn't have corpses.
  • Options

Ironhope wrote: »
    Wouldn't we need a giant Urn on wheels considering we turn to ashes when we die in this game?

That's too funny! XD I imagined an Elden Ring Jarhead transporting his oversized jar.