Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hi, I'm Scottish, and...

I'm wondering something about the lovely Dünir. Will my beautiful bearded brethren have a Scottish accent? I may be looking to work with our friends at Intrepid to give a voice to many characters in the beautiful world they are creating...

I would appreciate any staff responses as well as the community's opinions!

Comments

• Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    I hope we don't have something so simplistic as generic racial accents. I definitely don't mind regional trends, but it'd be a bit odd if all or even most members of a race sounded the same.

A Dunir and Empyrian who grew up as neighbors in a Kaelar city or region probably shouldn't have their separate stereotypical racial accents, or at least have a much lighter version of them if their parents had strong ones, and I had better be able to find an Empyrian with a strong Dunir accent because they just recently moved to my region from a large Dunir city where they grew up.
  • Options
    I’m hoping for more of a Norwegian accent.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2022
    nadnerB wrote: »
    I'm wondering something about the lovely Dünir. Will my beautiful bearded brethren have a Scottish accent? I may be looking to work with our friends at Intrepid to give a voice to many characters in the beautiful world they are creating...

Well voice acting isn't planned to be in the game really, so voices aren't a major focus I imagine. Voice acting isn't in their budget.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Talents wrote: »
    Well voice acting isn't planned to be in the game really, so voices aren't a major focus I imagine. Voice acting isn't in their budget.

It's an RP accent. :D
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options

Damn. I didn't know that. Is that for sure?

Thank you all for your input. As for the singular accents, my country has no one accent, friend. You can travel 2 miles from my village to the next eastwardly and you'd think you were in a different country. Just an fyi. :)
  • Options
    DiuraDiura Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Welcome my fellow Scotsman!
    8st3lhnx21to.png
  • Options
    Diura wrote: »
    Welcome my fellow Scotsman!

Slàinte!
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022

Damn. I didn't know that. Is that for sure?

Thank you all for your input. As for the singular accents, my country has no one accent, friend. You can travel 2 miles from my village to the next eastwardly and you'd think you were in a different country. Just an fyi. :)

Yes and no. There won't be heavy voice acting, but accents are likely to be clear.
    The Wiki wrote:
    NPCs will have voice acted audio greetings.[1][2]

Narrated quest lines are not currently planned.[1]
    (ref: Voice acting)
  • Options
    Don' YE GET YER 'opes ap two sewn, LADDAEY!

EE ney'er knew whaat awayts th' team a-fore th' fin'ahl poo-blish!

To-English-Translation: We hope that the expected wait that faces the majority of our beloved and valued pre-existant player-base is none-too-far off from the actual launch date - which is expected to be both a testament to our dedication to world-depth, as well as to our integrity in producing a quality product!

...And may any pro-English opposed to our politics be burned alive at th' STAKE!

• Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    CROW3 wrote: »
    I’m hoping for more of a Norwegian accent.

I would love for them to be Scandinavian!
  • Options
    PodPod Member
    I'm Scottish and I'd like to see Dwarves with an Italian accent for once
    Or literally anything other than Scottish or Irish