Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Running to towns when getting attacked.

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
1-2min to kill someone in pvp
2-3min to run from one node to another

Asuming in reasonable proximity to a town.. does that not mean, you can just run to the nearest town while under fire and avoid pvp or pk altogether; just the inconvenience?

What were the numbers? How will this play out?

(Thread title changed)

Comments

• Options
    Remember, not all nodes are available to get to town stage because of vassals. Another point is towns aren’t guaranteed safety so you don’t have to give up the chase if you’ve almost killed them.
  • Options
    BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited August 2022
    Towns are not safe zones. If two people are purple and fighting, running to the nearest town means nothing, as long as they are still purple (because you probably don't wanna kill a green and turn red inside a town). And I would imagine that even safe zones such as freeholds and apartments will have a cooldown and/or conditions such as "cannot go inside if you're purple or red".

So yeah, it could be an issue, but with the information we have so far, it's not.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    edited August 2022
    Unless you immediately start running for the town once that fight starts i dont think it'll make much of a difference, and if you can get away to the town you could have got away in general. On top of that you will also need to factor in running through mobs on the way there that will likely also kill you in the process. I'm not too worried about it
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Biccus wrote: »
    Remember, not all nodes are available to get to town stage because of vassals. Another point is towns aren’t guaranteed safety so you don’t have to give up the chase if you’ve almost killed them.

I thought towns were safe zones?
  • Options
    There's also status effects like slows and stuns.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • Options
    PvP in towns will be interesting then! Ganked at a stall?
  • Options
    akabear wrote: »
    PvP in towns will be interesting then! Ganked at a stall?

Nope, stalls inside nodes are a safe zone. I recommend taking a look at the wiki.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    Dummo wrote: »
    There's also status effects like slows and stuns.

this. If there is a single class in the game without any of this then that class needs to be fixed. Does this mean you are dead for sure if someone attacks you and uses cc? No, but it certainly makes you respond to their attacks with your own abilities, because if you dont there's a very high chance you just fall over.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    When it comes to the issue of how long it will take to travel from one location to the other, Steven has confirmed this measurement is "As the crow flies". In other words, that's a straight line and due to the land shape (cliffs, rivers, mountains etc) its very unlikely there will be any places where you can run from one location to another in a straight line.
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    akabear wrote: »
    Biccus wrote: »

I thought towns were safe zones?

No, the only safe spaces are inside instanced housing, and freeholds (Except at the end of a successful enemy siege when you can be attacked) along with player built stalls. (And you have to be the stall operator)

Towns have guards to target griefers but they aren't safe zones.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    1-2 minutes to kill someone in pvp? Has this been stated somewhere as fact or is it conjecture at this point?
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Bullvinne wrote: »
    1-2 minutes to kill someone in pvp? Has this been stated somewhere as fact or is it conjecture at this point?

The current time to kill is 30 seconds too a minute, subject to change

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Time_to_kill
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Bullvinne wrote: »

its an estimated goal they have set for their combat design. I cant find the exact quote I just know it has been said a few times now.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    hapyhapy Member
    now that I am reading that nodes are not safe. Is guild wars disabled in nodes or you can just kill afk enemy guild players?
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Pretty sure you can kill afk enemy guild members in towns. Yes.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited August 2022
    I hope you can run fast, @akabear. Arrows are pretty quick. 🤪

Also, towns aren’t that safe.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The Ashes of Creation MMORPG will have a time-to-kill (TTK) of around 30 seconds to a minute.[1]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x55xkOprpUo&t=12346s
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Time_to_kill

I really hope its not an average of 2 minutes of beating on one target to kill a non-tank player