Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Items do you want to Craft?

StormCrow820StormCrow820 Member
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
I'm wondering what sort of Items you're wanting to craft. Like is there anything specific, with a specific look, or specific stat combinations/Effect?

Personally, I'd love to be able to craft something like the Hand of Rag from Vanilla wow. some sort of Glowing Molten 2handed Hammer that adds Fire Damage or has a special Fire proc. Even if it's a high end item, getting one will be my goal >=D.

--- Fellow Smiths, tell me what you dream of crafting

Comments

• Options
    Bows. Lots and lots of bows.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Weapons!
  • Options
    Ideally weapons and armor. But I suppose it'll depend on where I end up settling for the longest and what the largest demand is.

Maybe people just looooove a particular cast iron portable lamp they can attach to their backpacks. Then I would pump those out.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    hapyhapy Member
    I hope there is a vast amount of common consumables. I like crafting and trading with common items that everybody use every day.
    It seems this will also transfer to the node economies. That some nodes will have access to ingredients to craft some consumables and other nodes to different. So I can run from node to node and trade different potions, foods and such.
  • Options
    A dagger with good stats!
  • Options
    ButtercupCloverButtercupClover Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I want to craft a weapon that everyone wants. The once in a lifetime kind of weapon that is so good, any build could use it despite not suiting the play style. Maybe it ends up being a bow that's so strong, even a tank would use it as their main weapon. Maybe it's a hammer that even mage's would covet.
  • Options
    volshvolsh Member
    edited August 2022
    Anything unusual would be interesting, not just the normal weapons/armour but maybe an item which produces a bonus to gathering or hunting etc or even a temporary buff which only applies during a particular season
  • Options
    Crafting unusual and strong items that look like whatever their original material was.

A sword made from a dragon tooth looks like the dragon tooth. A bow made of an ent's leg somehow looks like the ent's leg. A shield made from a spider's thorax or carcass resembles a spider.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Furniture. Tables, chairs, desks, beds. And boxes. Can't craft boxes (out of wood) in another game I play. Very disappointing. I'd also find it nice to be able to contribute to crafting buildings and structures, in some form beyond "donate 100 wood planks". I'm not sure exactly what form this would take, though.
  • Options
    I want to craft matching sets for my squads so our entire squad can have matching armor colors. Although we will have to see the non set builds and what kind of advantages those can give.
  • Options
    It's pretty lofty, but an aqueduct to carry fresh water inland to help with growing crops in a more remote location.
  • Options
    I like to create the intermediate products. But only if that is a complex procedure.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    MrPocketsMrPockets Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have many thoughts on crafting systems for games....but my current fantasy is to be a "unique crafter". I want to be one of the few of my craft.
    • Maybe only a handful of players have specialized enough in order to craft specific items
    • Maybe the crafting system allows for custom recipes (ie: My cookies are different from others due to a 'secret ingredient')
    • Maybe players can craft custom glow/particle effects.

Things like that, that allow "craft expression" similar to how action combat allows for "skill expression"