Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Question about node progression and the character leveling process

BullvinneBullvinne Member
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
If I understand everything correctly, the mobs level up with as the node progresses correct? So what happens if a node levels up and you are still low level, now you cannot question/grind there anymore correct?

I understand that IS is wanting every zone to be dynamic like that, but I am just wondering if a person can be locked out of leveling up their character due to a progression of the nodes around them getting to high of a level?

Would you have to move nodes/regions just to find places you can level in?

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The zone will expand, thus, the older mobs will still be closer to the node, the higher levels will be dispersed in the old mobs and also further out. The bigger issue will be when you out level the node. I think at that point you'll either have to wait or move on.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    The old mobs would remain but even if they didn't, you could go to one of your node's vassals to level which still helps your node.
  • SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    It only takes 3-5 minutes to go to the next node over, and given the way the node system caps node levels so that a node adjacent to a lv6 node can at most be lv5, and next to lv5 can at most be lv4, etc, you're not gonna be terribly stuck. Your node would have to level up 3 times without you growing at all in order to make you walk even 15 minutes to a node you can fight near. Your node leveling up might push your farming spots 5-10 minutes further away, but that's not exactly gonna mean you have to find a new home.
  • SongRune wrote: »
    It only takes 3-5 minutes to go to the next node over, and given the way the node system caps node levels so that a node adjacent to a lv6 node can at most be lv5, and next to lv5 can at most be lv4, etc, you're not gonna be terribly stuck. Your node would have to level up 3 times without you growing at all in order to make you walk even 15 minutes to a node you can fight near. Your node leveling up might push your farming spots 5-10 minutes further away, but that's not exactly gonna mean you have to find a new home.

Ah ok so my worries are for nothing, that doesnt sound to bad!
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    hmm .. so if your a fast or slow leveller you will probably have to move to a different node to keep levelling?

So, then loyalty to a node will depend on following the rate of all others.

And, then, is there any reason to xp after gaining full level (which only takes a few hrs)_?
  • akabear wrote: »
    hmm .. so if your a fast or slow leveller you will probably have to move to a different node to keep levelling?

And, then, is there any reason to xp after gaining full level (which only takes a few hrs)_?

No additional uses for exp once max level was the last info.
  • akabear wrote: »

Gaining max level will take waaaay longer than a few hours.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0BnZCYjdrRI