Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hunger and thirst

2»

Comments

• Options
    SapiverenusSapiverenus Member
    edited September 2022
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    I'm sure food will play an important role in ashes, with buffs and such which will make a big difference in fights. It just wont let you die of hunger is all.

I think it should be a necessity for health regen that doesn't take 10 minutes. Especially to Fighters.
    And regen should be more difficult for every other class. Tanks shouldn't be quite comparable. . . once empty, Empty.
  • Options
    Please no, i dont want to play a survival game.
  • Options
    IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No, its not a survival game, it would just be an annoyance
    Izil.png
  • Options
    Never punish players for NOT doing X.
  • Options
    Sunboy wrote: »

Platitudes are peak stupidity. You get punished for not dodging, not killing, not et cetera.
    And you're being punished by playing a game when you could be doing something else lol. Lose lose Sunboy. Nobody wins.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    That's a hard no from me. I don't need my character to need to sleep, eat, or wipe his butt. Should we have a breathing mechanic for running or a shower mechanic for baths? XD

You could be sniffed out by animals if you don't bathe or coat yourself in something.
    Would be a good mechanic.
    Your joke isn't hitting lol.

I'm not sure how a breathing mechanic would work, but running and 'effort' could require spamming a button press to mirror physical effort and focus. Simply holding the button could be moderate or low power/ effect.

If you compare that to fighting games or starcraft it's child's play.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Has been asked a few time they always give the same answer.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Food_and_drink
    Ashes of Creation is not a survival game. Characters will not need to eat food to stay alive.[2]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCr9yh2Y97I&t=919s

As far as personal choice some like it some don't. But Ashe's is not expected to have it.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Big no.

I do think food and water should have a role, but it should be one like in World of Warcraft.

Where the role is to
    - give players a way of regenerating after a kill/kill spree
    - give players 30 seconds of sitting down together, leading to conversations and encouraging friendships to be born
    - give players buffs
    - be tied to the cooking, harvesting, etc mechanics of the game

• Options

Platitudes are peak stupidity. You get punished for not dodging, not killing, not et cetera.
    And you're being punished by playing a game when you could be doing something else lol. Lose lose Sunboy. Nobody wins.

If you think doing anything is a punishment I feel sorry for you as that leads to victimization.
    Not killing a mob or not doing a quest for loot or XP is not punishment. It’s the status quo. Doing quest X instead of Y is the consequences of your own actions which yourself can influence. Punishment is something negative afflicted by an 3rd party that you can’t influence.
    Loosing is not the same as not winning. There is a place in between win/loose.
  • Options
    There should be food to buff stats and food to eat in general and drinks.

But you shouldnt be required to eat like its a survival game
  • Options

This goes against consequence. There's consequence for action and for inaction. If you avoid consequence for inaction then so many desgins and mechanics could be missed. And it goes against the Event system too, there will be consequences for players NOT doing X event.
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »
    Hello people

I wonder if it would be possible to add hunger and thirst to the game, for players and their mounts.

Thank you

It's not a survival game. Isn't this your second thread on this? New World did cooking pretty well, it could be better and more meaningful, but at least there was value in it. Forcing players to eat/drink is basically like forcing them to brush their teeth and wipe their ass. I'm not against the mechanic as a whole. But in a game like Ashes I don't see it adding much of a fun factor to the game. I just don't think Intrepid is trying to make a Survival MMORPG. Better for them to stick to their plan than get side track trend chasing.
  • Options
    SunboySunboy Member
    edited September 2022
    Volgaris wrote: »

This goes against consequence. There's consequence for action and for inaction. If you avoid consequence for inaction then so many desgins and mechanics could be missed. And it goes against the Event system too, there will be consequences for players NOT doing X event.

As i wrote earlier. Punishment and consequence is two different concept’s .
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    A shame.

If you think doing anything is a punishment I feel sorry for you as that leads to victimization.
    Not killing a mob or not doing a quest for loot or XP is not punishment. It’s the status quo. Doing quest X instead of Y is the consequences of your own actions which yourself can influence. Punishment is something negative afflicted by an 3rd party that you can’t influence.

intent and lack of status quo is not necessary for something to be 'punishing' lol
  • Options
    A shame.

intent and lack of status quo is not necessary for something to be 'punishing' lol

Hmm 🤔 so we agree?
  • Options
    who knows