Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How is the race aesthetic for nodes decided?

RottenStrayRottenStray Member
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
Scenario and question: 9 players of all 9 different races start leveling in an area without an established node. When the node establishes as a level one or greater, which race aesthetic will the node assume?

Comments

• JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    The race that provides the most XP between stage up levels is the one that will reflect in the architecture.

However, the more nodes a certain race has reflected, the bigger the balancing penalty for new nodes. This way we don't end up with 75% of the world looking like one race.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • So then does that mean that an elf town (Level3) that has a large community of humans will progress to a human city (Level4)?
  • So then does that mean that an elf town (Level3) that has a large community of humans will progress to a human city (Level4)?

No i think the buildings already there stay as elf, but the new ones would likely become human

Yes, you're right, the city will 100% change.
    Hatham wrote: »
    No i think the buildings already there stay as elf, but the new ones would likely become human

I'm pretty sure that's not the case, I'll try to find a relevant quote.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • BaSkA13 wrote: »
    So then does that mean that an elf town (Level3) that has a large community of humans will progress to a human city (Level4)?

No I think the buildings already there stay as elves, but the new ones would likely become human

I feel like the point of the progression of the node is to develop upon the last level. Like human tents will turn into a human settlement. However, I can see that If all the humans moved out of a node only leaving elves then it would make sense that the next upgrade is of the elf aesthetic. They need to clarify this question, or perhaps they don't have that answer yet.

• mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    BaSkA13 wrote: »
    So then does that mean that an elf town (Level3) that has a large community of humans will progress to a human city (Level4)?

No I think the buildings already there stay as elves, but the new ones would likely become human

I feel like the point of the progression of the node is to develop upon the last level. Like human tents will turn into a human settlement. However, I can see that If all the humans moved out of a node only leaving elves then it would make sense that the next upgrade is of the elf aesthetic. They need to clarify this question, or perhaps they don't have that answer yet.

It's been clarified: Node wiki

This style and culture change happens at every stage.
  • It changes to the aesthetic of the race given the most contribution to the node, at every individual stage it completely changes. As Jahlon mentioned already.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • BaSkA13 wrote: »

It's been clarified: Node wiki

This style and culture change happens at every stage.

Ah! Thank you.