Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mysterious areas to find

Ace1234Ace1234 Member
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
I heard there would be a focus on temporary locations based on the seasons/node progression, as well as quests that require some clue following.

I think it would be cool to take it a step further and have certain locations that are actual mysteries from the player-perspective and are very hard to even know they exist, and even harder to find.

This could be a small island that disappears for long periods of time, and when it appears can actually move around for a unknown reasons.

Or it could be a ghost ship that is concealed in fog that can only appear under certain conditions.

Or a floating island in the sky that can only be seen or accessed under certain conditions

It could be a portal to a dimension hinted at in the lore or in backgrounds of certain gameplay scenarios/cinematics

I think adding elements of actual mystery that the players themselves need to believe in, discover, locate, and tell tales of, would be a very awesome addition to the gameplay and social aspects.

Comments

• Options
    I like this idea!
    Especially with the islands appearing in the sea.
    But I don't like them bound to quests. Better to be some other activity like simply exploring.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    MaiWaifuMaiWaifu Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    edited September 2022
    Yeah, I really hope they go all in with the dynamic world and make a large number of random underground dungeons scattered around the map with entrances that can appear and disappear every passing season.