Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion: Reward System for bug reporting/exploit reporting

DolyemDolyem Member
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
This doesn't need to be game breaking, all I suggest is rewarding an amount of embers(currency used to buy aesthetics in the shop) equal to a fraction of what it would cost to purchase something per bug or exploit reported. Incentivizing people to go out of their way to make sure problems are fixed as fast as possible and to make sure exploiters/bots always have a target on their backs. Hell, even if it is just like 10 ember and a skin costs 500. That stuff can add up when people are diligent. And as long as embers aren't able to be traded nor the skins they can purchase, this will have no negative effect on the in game economy.
GJjUGHx.gif

Comments

• Options
    I'm defiantly down for this, though it might be some of the same people that get this more than others but that is fine if they are putting the work in to find this stuff.

Though on the other side i can't see this being at launch but maybe that is my mind set where there are always tons of small or big bugs in games now adays. But also what if people are reporting the same bug and disappointed they aren't getting embers because of someone else. People get more attached when it comes to money being involved for better or worse.
  • Options
    it is an interesting idea although some people would never care whats in the ship since they never plan to use it one way or the other. I know its more complicated than that but brain isnt processing right now lol

not to mention if say there is really obvious bugs that the entire population reports you cant just give it to some people it would have to be all of them which then results in people posting they didnt get their reward for reporting a bug.

At least that's how I expect it would go. Even if say instead there was an in game title for reporting 100 bugs that get fixed after you reported it could run into that same issue. Mind you a title would appeal to me more since if i really wanted to buy a costume I can.
  • Options
    MaiWaifuMaiWaifu Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    As much as I like the idea and like free stuff for trying to improve the game.

I feel like this might be detrimental to the support staff in the long term. It would encourage everyone to report the exact same issue to collect the bounty. It would just dramatically increase admin work merging tickets and copy pasting the same reply.

You might say that they could have a list of issues they're aware of but this could cause it's own issue. Having a list of bugs and making them more well known could be open for people abuse the bugs to their benefit.
  • Options
    Good idea, more upsides than downsides. I don't see any reason why Embers can't be used to pay for (your own) subscription as well, so rewarding Embers is great.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dolyem wrote: »
    This doesn't need to be game breaking, all I suggest is rewarding an amount of embers(currency used to buy aesthetic in the shop) equal to a fraction of what it would cost to purchase something per bug or exploit reported. Incentivizing people to go out of their way to make sure problems are fixed as fast as possible and to make sure exploiters/bots always have a target on their backs. He'll even if it is just like 10 ember and a skin costs 500. That stuff can add up when people are diligent. And as long as embers aren't able to be traded nor the skins they can purchase, this will have no negativee effect on the in game economy.

Titles.

People LOVE titles.

First X to report a bug get a proper title.

Then we can all thank that person whenever we see them for making Verra a better place.

You can give titles as compensation for people who find broken builds/mechanics that then have to be nerfed, weakening them.

Immortalize them as 'Meta-Breaker'.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    This doesn't need to be game breaking, all I suggest is rewarding an amount of embers(currency used to buy aesthetic in the shop) equal to a fraction of what it would cost to purchase something per bug or exploit reported. Incentivizing people to go out of their way to make sure problems are fixed as fast as possible and to make sure exploiters/bots always have a target on their backs. He'll even if it is just like 10 ember and a skin costs 500. That stuff can add up when people are diligent. And as long as embers aren't able to be traded nor the skins they can purchase, this will have no negativee effect on the in game economy.

Titles.

People LOVE titles.

First X to report a bug get a proper title.

Then we can all thank that person whenever we see them for making Verra a better place.

You can give titles as compensation for people who find broken builds/mechanics that then have to be nerfed, weakening them.

Immortalize them as 'Meta-Breaker'.

Honestly just award that title after you report 100 bugs
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    MaiWaifu wrote: »
    As much as I like the idea and like free stuff for trying to improve the game.

I feel like this might be detrimental to the support staff in the long term. It would encourage everyone to report the exact same issue to collect the bounty. It would just dramatically increase admin work merging tickets and copy pasting the same reply.

You might say that they could have a list of issues they're aware of but this could cause it's own issue. Having a list of bugs and making them more well known could be open for people abuse the bugs to their benefit.

Make it first come first serve
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Bypassing the bugs though if someone reports a exploiter with actual proof as well and action is taken on that account that would be great and definitely worth something.
  • Options
    MaiWaifuMaiWaifu Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    edited September 2022

But how would you know you're first >_>;;;

Everyone will think they're first if there's no public list >_>;;;
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    edited September 2022
    MaiWaifu wrote: »

But how would you know you're first >_>;;;

Everyone will think they're first if there's no public list >_>;;;

You won't know. And besides, it would need to be confirmed as a bug or exploiter anyway. So you report it, and if you luck out as the first submission, woohoo you get embers! Either way you're doing your part to help the game

Edit: just put an automated message for a thank you and saying a disclaimer that there's a chance the bug or exploiter was already reported and that it is a first come first serve policy. Wish them the best and thank them for actively helping the game and community.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited September 2022
    I believe this sort of system, if tailored and overseen appropriately, could be very beneficial to most games let alone this one. My suggestion would be to have your in-house QA team take turns at checking the validity of any reported bugs, and if such a bug is found they reward the player accordingly. As for the player's side, it's important that they are given a clear format and interface system to report these bug reports with the largest rule being, if you cant follow the format required then yours just isn't looked at. Now this might seem harsh due to language barriers and such, but its more important that the devs get the right information than cater to the feelings of people not able follow a guideline.
    5000x1000px_sathrago_commission_ravenjuu_1.jpg?ex=665ce6c0&is=665b9540&hm=1fa03cbbd9ea4d641eaf4ca6f133d013d392b1968d6ca9add7d433259c509d09&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    I believe this sort of system, if tailored and overseen appropriately, could be very beneficial to most games let alone this one. My suggestion would be to have your in-house QA team take turns at checking the validity of any reported bugs, and if such a bug is found they reward the player accordingly. As for the player's side, it's important that they are given a clear format and interface system to report these bug reports with the largest rule being, if you cant follow the format required then yours just isn't looked at. Now this might seem harsh due to language barriers and such, but its more important that the devs get the right information than cater to the feelings of people not able follow a guideline.

Fantastic idea and I 100% agree. Formatting is important for organization and keeping track of things.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Great idea.. concern may mean there is far greater claims than support would usually be able to keep up with..

Rather, perhaps occasional reward for someone that does alert the teams alot
  • Options
    Could have it where you have an option to report targetable things such as NPCs so if the same thing being targeted gets reported over and over it all gets routed to a single report. You could also do the same for reporting a problem with a quest, a profession, a class, etc.

That'd likely clean up a lot of clutter.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Cosmetic or titles tbh work well here