Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Milk My Dead Game for Ideas

I designed a game that a programmer wanted 31,000$ to make, so it was never made. I feel like this game has some good ideas in it, and I would like it if somebody - anybody - stole my ideas and put them to good use.

I'm a perfectionist, and I'd say this game isn't perfect, when it has awkward first-person combat, but it definitely has some good points, such as the time wheel systems. This was a game that kept you on your feet, as time, place, and even direction, changed your stats. Checkout the time wheels and let me know what you think. This is just one of the graphs that was created by me, and there's a lot more graphs displaying other features of the game, but this is the relevant graph. I'm not sure why I hyphonated the words "time" and "wheel", but I think I was making them into a pseudo compound word by doing so.

I figure Ashes of Creation would be a lot more fun if it had time wheels to make time, place, and even direction, important.

In another graph that I made, the entire game world is shown as being a giant, revolving time wheel, where the invisible time wheel rotates around the world, taking 8 days to complete a full revolution, and changing players' stats if the players stays in the same area for more than a day, but a player can migrate with the time wheel and keep the stats that he wants. In addition, the time wheel does not move anything in the world, as the world objects stay stagnant.

Comments

• Options
    If it was worth taking ideas from, it would likely not be a "Dead Game"...
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    @daveywavey
    I don't think you understand what an "idea" is mate. It means it never came to fruition to have the opportunity to become successful, as he explained was caused by the financial aspect.
  • Options
    Ace1234 wrote: »
    @daveywavey
    I don't think you understand what an "idea" is mate. It means it never came to fruition to have the opportunity to become successful, as he explained was caused by the financial aspect.

So, you'd go to a different programmer, or you'd take out a loan, or you'd sell it to a studio, etc. If there was enough belief in the game itself, they'd have made it happen.
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    @daveywavey

So, you'd go to a different programmer, or you'd take out a loan, or you'd sell it to a studio, etc. If there was enough belief in the game itself, they'd have made it happen.

Mr. Game Dev right here
  • Options
    @daveywavey

Mr. Game Dev right here

It's not just game development. People with ideas that work make them happen. If you don't believe enough in your own ideas, no-one else is going to either.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    @daveywavey

Mr. Game Dev right here

It's not just game development. People with ideas that work make them happen. If you don't believe enough in your own ideas, no-one else is going to either.

While you are completely correct, the OP not getting the above game made literally just saved him $31,000 (as opposed to 31,000$).

No game is going to get made for that - if he had have hired that programmer, he would have ended up $31,000 short with nothing to show for it.

My best guess is it was a scam - an opportunistic scam most likely, but still a scam.