Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Duel wielding

How is duel wielding going to work?

I checked the wiki and it says that duel wielding is permitted for one-handed weapons. There are overlapping two-handed and one-handed weapons, so what is the benefit of let's say holding one sword with 2 hands or 2 swords in both? I also didn't see anything like it in the alpha, but think it would be awesome for players to duel wield swords or axes.

Comments

• Options
    I'd assume weapon skills might have something to do with it. Or some abilities might only work with one weapon but not the other (though I doubt this).
  • Options
    Does that include wands and ... music instruments as well?
  • Options
    IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    bard dual drums
    Izil.png
  • Options
    Izil wrote: »
    bard dual drums

Dual wielding bard

i3qi1zpum6w0.jpg
  • Options
    AnyraAnyra Member
    edited September 2022
    That's pretty sick, but not as sick as this.

cidk00uotssw.png
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Yes. There was a recent video with daggers for now.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    A legit question I have now, is this really that uncommon in games that have freedom with their classes?

Both of the ones I play that have Dual Wielding already do what Intrepid promised.

You just equip one weapon in each hand. Any one handed weapon in either hand (assuming you can equip it to begin with). There's an 'offhand' animation for each weapon type, and that's what the left hand swing does regardless of the right hand's swing (Weapon Skills trigger based on mainhand weapon)

Are we talking about the specific coolness of 'having special animations for when you equip two specific things'? Or is it really just 'Dual Wield is uncommon/challenging I hope we get it with any weapon combination'?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    A legit question I have now, is this really that uncommon in games that have freedom with their classes?

Both of the ones I play that have Dual Wielding already do what Intrepid promised.

You just equip one weapon in each hand. Any one handed weapon in either hand (assuming you can equip it to begin with). There's an 'offhand' animation for each weapon type, and that's what the left hand swing does regardless of the right hand's swing (Weapon Skills trigger based on mainhand weapon)

Are we talking about the specific coolness of 'having special animations for when you equip two specific things'? Or is it really just 'Dual Wield is uncommon/challenging I hope we get it with any weapon combination'?

Why does it have to be this complicated with dual wielding and stuff? Why not having a single damn weapon, whatever weapon you can equip, right click on the player, press Duel, the guy accepts it and you fight with him. I find this thing with dual weapons pretty dumb, just have a weapon and that's it, if you're an assassin/ranger, just equip a bow, a pair of daggers or a sword and fight.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Meryen wrote: »
    Azherae wrote: »

Why does it have to be this complicated with dual wielding and stuff? Why not having a single damn weapon, whatever weapon you can equip, right click on the player, press Duel, the guy accepts it and you fight with him. I find this thing with dual weapons pretty dumb, just have a weapon and that's it, if you're an assassin/ranger, just equip a bow, a pair of daggers or a sword and fight.

This is a problem you are having with translation.

The original poster means Dual Wield as 'One weapon in each hand'.

It is not related to Duels or Dueling, there are no special weapons for 'using in Duels', and the post is not about 'having two weapons, one for regular play and one for Duels with other players'.

You can assume every time you see EITHER word in this thread, it means 'having one weapon in main hand and a second weapon in other hand'.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.