Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The game should have a constantly updating list of mysteries.

I think the game devs should hide all sorts of treasure out in the world and should make this fact public.

In shipwrecks, caves, islands, mountain tops, etc or stuff you uncover via certain dialogue options/quest-line options by interracting with NPCs, maybe straight forward treasure hunts.

I think the game should constantly be updated to have a certain number of such hidden treasures and not only that, but it should have a public game page/tab where its shown how many ''mysteries'' are out there in the world, and give a few examples of what kind of treasure you can get (including top-tier stuff).

Obviously these mysteries aren't going to stay hidden forever, but as they get uncovered, new patches should bring new mysteries in.

I think this (public in-game page) would give people reasons for constantly being out there in the world as opposed to simply being in a stance of ''well, the game has already been explored'' months and years after it came out.

What do you guys think about this?

Would you like such a system?

Comments

• Options
    I like to have constant new treasures to find but I would not like to know how many are out there.

I was thinking that maybe treasures could be generated by events, when caravans are destroyed.
    Or even by players when they are in danger, in a PvP area:
    - they could find a hiding spot, bury the goods and if they do not return to retrieve them within 1-2 weeks, a treasure to be generated in the same spot
    - or they could drop the goods into the sea to speed up the ship and come back later to retrieve them and if not, then those become "treasures"
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »
    I like to have constant new treasures to find but I would not like to know how many are out there.

The thing is, knowing there are treasures out there is a far greater enocurgament than a rumor that there might be stuff out there (but then, there might not be).

So it would achieve the desired effect (people constantly exploring the world) better than anonymous changes.
    Strevi wrote: »
    Or even by players when they are in danger, in a PvP area:
    - they could find a hiding spot, bury the goods and if they do not return to retrieve them within 1-2 weeks, a treasure to be generated in the same spot
    - or they could drop the goods into the sea to speed up the ship and come back later to retrieve them and if not, then those become "treasures"
    -

Yeah that's a very good idea as well.

I hope they allow this.

Would be fun to dig up sand, put your treasure chest in, cover it back and use your profession to make a map quickly.

Pirate fantasy 10/10 stuff.