Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

One last heal

I was thinking when a healer dies, to have one last chance to save his team with a healing effect, to be able to choose one member of his team and float to him as a healing orb or a ghost.

But it could be even more.

What if the healer is lower level, and has a mentor?
When the healer dies, his mentor could receive a notification popup with the option to control the ghost of the healer for a limited time.
- if he would accept, he would control the ghost on a virtual mini surface. If the mentor is a healer himself, then he could cast his own spells too, unknown to his mentee. And the ghost will look like the mentor.
- if he would decline (or auto-decline being in a fight himself), then the healer himself could use the mentor's healing skills but at his own power level.

If the healer is max level, I assume the mentorship program would end.
Then maybe he could join a social organization, one for healers if possible, where he could keep this ability.

What do you think about this?
September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!

Comments

• Options
    I think smth like a healer/healer top lvl augment that does a mass heal/res when the healer dies could be nice. While a healer/summoner could have an augment that sacrifices pet/summon and leaves the healer at 1hp when he was meant to die or, alternatively, has the same effect as the previous augment but the pet/summon dies instead.

Have something similar for all top lvl class augments and you'll have yourself a situational burst heal right before or as the healer dies.
  • Options
    WoW holy priests have a similar mechanic that allows the to continue healing for some number of seconds after they die. I want to say it’s like 30s, but it might be like 15s.

This saved many raids.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    imo, that just rewards/makes up for them for playing bad.

id rather have powerful healing abilities locked behind certain heavy trade offs.
    Like consuming all your mana, sacrificing yourself, becoming unable to heal for X seconds after using it,

A conscious decision to use those high-impact abilities and be willing to accept the risks attached to it because they feel its necessary.
  • Options
    There is also a resurrection spell. At rank 3:
    Target resurrects with 75% health and 25% mana.[22]
    If there are two healers in the party and both die, it might not be the end of the fight yet.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Aion had the cleric skills that allowed it to revive if dieing once per hour and a 2nd skill that also could be casted on self or a friendly target to instandly resurect it if dieing withing the next 30 mins. however in aion only 2 classes could resurect while cleric was the only one with a self resurect and a mass resurect skill other player had to use a item to ether resurect a other player or selfresurect once (12h cd)

cleric had a heal skill that could be casted on self or friendly target that heals the target if the targets hp falls under 50% otherwise the skill would not activate.

a self and groupe resurect skill as well a selfresurect skill would be nice to have on cleric as baseclass, those with cleric as augment may only have a resurect or a selfresurect with a much higher cd

or ether of the cleric class build come with a passive self resurect however those with cleric as base class can maybe selfresurect all 1 hour while those with cleric augment only can do it all 3 hours.

but for heals i mean we have also bards and other classes that may bring buffs to the groupe like shields or passive regenerations or debuff on target that brings a heal to attackers (like seen in alpha 1) or bloodmagic that uses hp instead of mana to cast some healing effects.
  • Options
    I'd rather my team protected me as a healer, than had them rely on my dying breath to heal them.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    I'd rather my team protected me as a healer, than had them rely on my dying breath to heal them.

While leveling up, often teams go and fight higher level mobs. If it works, then they try even higher level. Until it's not possible anymore. Also the team structure is not always ideal.
    Healers are supposed to keep the tank alive but sometime the healer runs out of mana or the tank cannot hold the agro because the healer is too strong. Or the NPC AI wants to ruin your day.
    But without failure once in a while, fight is boring.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2022
    I dont like the idea of playing past your death. I mean, you fcked up and got killed as a healer, and now you wanna keep healing for a bit, being untouchable?
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I remember large pvp fights where the healer was able to put a rez on the dead players.. there was no timer on the rez. .the large group of dead players lay 10-15min until the others were well and truely engaged in the boss fight, collectively rez`d and then ambushed the group doing the boss..

Similarly, I recall wiping out an enemy clan deep in a dungeon where the only way in was past us.. but one of their member got the last rez out on a class that can also ressurect.. same tactic.. they let our group think we had won the pvp fight believe it was over. then rez and then proceed to raise the rest of the team.. and come back again

Love the idea of a last heal but can see it being exploited. And as George suggested, if the team fails to stay alive.. then really lessons learned
  • Options
    Rezing is fine but grop rez seems kind of powerful in a PvX game. I'd have to ask what power could other players have that would equal that of a group rez.
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Rezing is fine but grop rez seems kind of powerful in a PvX game. I'd have to ask what power could other players have that would equal that of a group rez.
    A big dome that dpsed anyone inside for a lot. Or the same dome but from a bard, which removed 12 super strong buffs from anyone who even stepped into the dome once. Or huge debuffs from mages that made the victim die within seconds.

And overall, when you have hundreds vs hundreds in pvp and each "unit" is a party instead of a singular person - you gotta have big rezzes.
  • Options
    TsunahmieTsunahmie Member
    edited September 2022
    Asraiel wrote: »
    Aion had the cleric skills that allowed it to revive if dieing once per hour and a 2nd skill that also could be casted on self or a friendly target to instandly resurect it if dieing withing the next 30 mins. however in aion only 2 classes could resurect while cleric was the only one with a self resurect and a mass resurect skill other player had to use a item to ether resurect a other player or selfresurect once (12h cd)

cleric had a heal skill that could be casted on self or friendly target that heals the target if the targets hp falls under 50% otherwise the skill would not activate.

a self and groupe resurect skill as well a selfresurect skill would be nice to have on cleric as baseclass, those with cleric as augment may only have a resurect or a selfresurect with a much higher cd

or ether of the cleric class build come with a passive self resurect however those with cleric as base class can maybe selfresurect all 1 hour while those with cleric augment only can do it all 3 hours.

but for heals i mean we have also bards and other classes that may bring buffs to the groupe like shields or passive regenerations or debuff on target that brings a heal to attackers (like seen in alpha 1) or bloodmagic that uses hp instead of mana to cast some healing effects.

Aaaah a fellow Aion nerd!
    As an Aion Cleric and Summoner main myself, I definitely have to say that Aion healing was great in the early days.

Mana consumption is going to be a big one. I'd like to see trade offs like in Aion (trade health for mana)

What I don't want to see in AoC is long ass cooldowns.
    Make the gameplay fluid and give us tools. I don't need a 10minute cooldown on a skill pls. Make powerful skills have different significant cost other than a long CD.

As for group-wide resurrections, I think these are fine depending on what the tradeoff is.
    If you're the cleric and alive, you should be able to res but I don't like the coming back from the dead thing (maybe unless you're a necromancer?-think augments on ressurection skill!) And make it timed such as alive again for 30 seconds or 15 seconds and after that u need a real res.

[Fortunes Wrath] https://fortuneswrath.com/
    Cleric
    giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fyppzyr6egwlqfok7dpffkpeteji5hhvcq9kkqbqb&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Options
    wow did play cleric main and summoner as well (but had all classes maxed)
    Tsunahmie wrote: »
    If you're the cleric and alive, you should be able to res but I don't like the coming back from the dead thing (maybe unless you're a necromancer?-think augments on ressurection skill!) And make it timed such as alive again for 30 seconds or 15 seconds and after that u need a real res.

oh yeah a resurection that is time limited and if you deal x amount of dmg (if your a cleric heal x amount or deal x amount of dmg) during that time the ress is permanent if not you die (maybe with a risk vs reward thing attached, that you cant be ressed for some time, after you died for not fullfill the required x amount of dmg or heal
  • Options
    Asraiel wrote: »
    wow did play cleric main and summoner as well (but had all classes maxed)

oh yeah a resurection that is time limited and if you deal x amount of dmg (if your a cleric heal x amount or deal x amount of dmg) during that time the ress is permanent if not you die (maybe with a risk vs reward thing attached, that you cant be ressed for some time, after you died for not fullfill the required x amount of dmg or heal

Deal x dmge or heal x dmge could be very hard to balance based on level, gear and stats.
    if you overgear or are an AoE heavy class it might be to easy to abuse.
    [Fortunes Wrath] https://fortuneswrath.com/
    Cleric
    giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fyppzyr6egwlqfok7dpffkpeteji5hhvcq9kkqbqb&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Options
    Deal x dmge or heal x dmge could be very hard to balance based on level, gear and stats.
    if you overgear or are an AoE heavy class it might be to easy to abuse.

might be hard to balance but aint impossible. it could be variable depending on char level and the gear stats to calc a decant amount.

could also be as ress is temporary for secs up to a min or so you suffer cause the mana and hp level is like a normal ress and after the timer is over you recive x amount of dmg, if you did get healed up befor that you have a chance to survive. so if your healer in the group does a good job and you assist with potions and dont get hit.
    or even simpler than that your ress becomes permanent after x amount of secs but if you recive only 1 dmg during that time your dead. if you manage to overcome that time you are back to normal as if you would have been ressed normaly (normal ress however would take longer to cast and the animation of beeing revived is longer (2-3 sec unable to move or use skills/Items)