Animations

RustybanjoRustybanjo Member
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
Will there be any thought on adding additional running animations or idle when in character creation. 🤔

Comments

• JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Probably not different running animations, but idle animations are something that will no doubt be tied in with the fairly large emote system they already have planned.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Thanks!
  • SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think the specific question here is not, as @Jahlon answered, whether there will be various idle or running animations, but whether we will be able to cycle through them during character creation to get a feel for what our character's presence will be like when we're in game.

I don't think they've answered anything like this yet, but I agree that the suggestion is worth considering.
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2022
    ^
    They already plan on having different none-combat, idle animations available in character creation and included walk animations when talking about it. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets expanded to other types of animations like running in the future.

https://youtu.be/kMpvFgzuU64?t=2673
  • The human and Dwarves already have different running animations from what I have seen of A1 footage if that's what you mean.
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • Main point on this is to add more to the character like if he/she is aggressive then the run style could be more aggressive, or idk just to add more feeling when running in a group so everyone doesnt run the same.