Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which creature do you want added to the game

13»

Comments

• Options
    ZeeneazeZeeneaze Member
    edited September 2022
    Succubus' whole thing is being a sexy demon though. That's like having a pelican without its unique beak!

• Options
    Xenotor wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    gvrwraoto9gl.png

ih16ayifww53.png

o7val8w8ue70.png

love the one in the center.
    the entire creature could be a natural tank buster if it manages to engulf the player.
    The eyes could paralyze or shoot lighting.
    The Green glowing thing could passive drain mana or life in the area.

And if Bosses have multiple hit-boxes
    Each eye, mouth, limp its own small hitbox that slowly regenerate as the boss gets stronger and stronger.
    focus on different parts to lock down certain mechanics of the boss.

Love the sheer amount of mechanics one could implement when working with the eldritch.
    Imagination is the only limit here.
    And that the Eldritch are horrors to behold and fight against.

Not forgetting the open sea.
    044fd5a57792ba7718d58ef0d751d35a.jpg

How i see the middle one is it starts large but much smaller than that. The mechanics revolving around the creature growing in size and mechanics to attempt to reduce it. The large the size the more powerful the creature becomes with people trying to reduce as much time as possible of it becoming the largest size. Which eventually will create very hard mechanics to deal with and eventually try to swallow the entire raid. Players absorb increase the creatures size and a certain amount die during the raid everyone will end up getting absorbed. Which means raid wipe, and a way that creates danger if you try to zerg down the boss which creates more people to get absorb and much faster raid wipes.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited September 2022
    Sunboy wrote: »
    Ents.

I'd imagine a raid group is in a dungeon killing a lot of creatures and such as they travel around the area noticing weird things like a giant thing that could be a face, and kind of feet, etc. Not noticing its a whole creature, then they finish a boss thinking they beat the dungeon and the entire area starts to shift as the super Gargantuan ent starts to size with people being the size of its toe and having to fight the real raid boss.
  • Options
    ... with people being the size of its toe and having to fight the real raid boss.
    And people always win against these huge powerful creatures. :smile:
    Ents.
    Treants are a potential mob in Ashes of Creation.[1]
    @Sunboy https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Treants
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »
    ... with people being the size of its toe and having to fight the real raid boss.
    And people always win against these huge powerful creatures. :smile:
    Ents.
    Treants are a potential mob in Ashes of Creation.[1]
    @Sunboy https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Treants

Weee! ❤️
  • Options
    Ents.

I'd imagine a raid group is in a dungeon killing a lot of creatures and such as they travel around the area noticing weird things like a giant thing that could be a face, and kind of feet, etc. Not noticing its a whole creature, then they finish a boss thinking they beat the dungeon and the entire area starts to shift as the super Gargantuan end starts to size with people being the size of its toe and having to fight the real raid boss.

Hahaha, that would be awesome.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    A desert worm. Dune-style ;)
  • Options
    Shittens!
    fv29u6eavdvo.png
  • Options
    [Fleo Verum] Carolus Dynamicus - Py'rai - Rogue+Fighter
  • Options
    TheHiddenDaggerInnTheHiddenDaggerInn Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Pegomax from Ark so he can steal our resources and run away lol!
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst And
    Wednesday's at 7:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn/featured
  • Options
    I hope creatures in Ashes won't resemble too much of real life creatures. Like if we're adding a cow, make it an AoC looking cow and not a real life black/white one. If that makes sense. Make the cow hairy and maybe with horns etc. Just an example.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    Tenaciel wrote: »
    A desert worm. Dune-style ;)

It would be cool if it was a world boss where a bunch of people had to like harpoon it first to trap it above ground first before we could all damage it.
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Combat Cassowary pet

x3dngf92ksc6.gif
  • Options
    novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Variety of Mimics, of all different sizes.

Give me Ali Baba Hut, house turns into a giant mimic chasing me down! Hag not included please :D

From a Dungeon Master perspective of D&D other notable monsters that would be cool to see are:

- powerful Brownies
    - Evil witchlight
    - Nothic
    - Owlbear
    - Grimlock
    - Ettin
    - Ochre Jelly (or oozes capable of destroying / severely damaging weapons/armor)
    - Suturefly with its mechanics somehow implented
    - Hippogriff
    - Acererak BOSS
    - Mordant Snare
    - Urochar
    - GIRALLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited September 2022
    I hope creatures in Ashes won't resemble too much of real life creatures. Like if we're adding a cow, make it an AoC looking cow and not a real life black/white one. If that makes sense. Make the cow hairy and maybe with horns etc. Just an example.

You know there are RL cows that are hairy and have horns, right...?

Cue the Highland Cow:
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Ft20n6l1bea951.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Not every cow is a Friesian Cow.
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

You know there are RL cows that are hairy and have horns, right...?

Cue the Highland Cow:
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Ft20n6l1bea951.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Not every cow is a Friesian Cow.

Looks like the minotaurs they just announced. The female version.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    I want to see a Cerberus before entering the infernal dungeon to go further... and I want to see a sphinx, with 3 quests to pass to one of the dungeons...k34ayzq5y5p7.jpg
    9gvdjz67nqud.jpg
    5ls3nob7lngp.gif
  • Options
    ldecy4oa06g9.jpeg
  • Options
    wfrlf6yj3xba.jpg
  • Options
    The Ghrul, (maybe Undead) Goblin Witch:

goblyn.jpg?fit=800%2C450&ssl=1

I'd prefer a more bloated, miserable and disgusting looking creature as reference but this matched the design Intrepid already showcased for Goblins.
    "There should be a (maybe Undead) witch goblin called a Ghrul that causes the building to sweat and mold, and beautiful things to grow ugly and old, and colorful things to become grey and depressing..... plants becoming swollen with mucous, fruits rotting and full of spiders. .. and it keeps trying to move into people's houses and spawn little Goblin Welps and Witches.
    Might turn into a dungeon level area; burrowing through the rotten floor boards and digging into sneeze dirt to form burrows and perhaps link up if multiple houses are taken over, setting up traps and hanging up bone trinkets and banner corpses.
    Goblin Grubs would be the larva stage. . . egg sacks in the low corners. . . evolving after consuming rotting things which there are plenty of."

SPAWN, but perhaps more blistered and depressing looking:

mystical-creatures-descriptions-from-harry-potter-hypogriffen-house-elves-goblins-dragons.webp
  • Options
    Roxi wrote: »
    9gvdjz67nqud.jpg

Now, if the Egyptians had made their Sphinx look like that, there's no way they'd have let it get so ruined!
  • Options
    WHIT3ROS3 wrote: »
    Shittens!
    3c45hi.jpg

I think you could make all kinds of cool designs from nature. Take it in all kinds of directions.

6b3853b09e5e968ed7ff29b474631528.jpg
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    UnderdelveUnderdelve Member
    edited September 2022
    6b3853b09e5e968ed7ff29b474631528.jpg

Is this a "Krohn" special? Great-Fox-Dane?

• Options
    DeadDucklingDeadDuckling Member
    edited September 2022
    belgian blue cowsbclt1aeigxg7.jpg
  • Options
    Fire-breathing Golden Retrievers.

Nuff' said.

• Options
    znja1fbd4kuh.jpg
  • Options
    ThatGuyPowersThatGuyPowers Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2022
    a beaver race sorta like the minotaur with a little beaver town and little beaver houses and beaver dams there could even scenario where they dry out a lake or river
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2022
    3adz13vihatw.jpg
    f1lqe6rxvfz5.jpg
    k8hsrde6gfcr.jpg
    1xjecdowc26l.jpg

• Options
    Balrog21 wrote: »
    ypkcwxsxwksn.jpg
    I think predators are not good mounts.
    They cannot naturally accept to obey. Or when they do, will not have the initiative to fight to defend the one who stole their freedom and broke their will.
    Having a mind control skill while riding combat mounts could be useful.