Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Potential Guild Perk Discussion

YouYourselfYouYourself Member
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
As we get more systems and details shared from Steven and the team we have seen more speculation. One thing I have been wondering about for a while is guild perks. We heard a while ago that guilds will have some sort of perk tree or leveling tree to enhance the guild.

What are some perk ideas you think would be cool to see or would like to see in AoC?

Comments

• Options
    For guild v node citizenship allegiance during node wars, I hope that it defaults to node citizenship is higher so guildies can fight each other in node wars, but I would like there to be a guild perk so that members of that guild will not be able to fight each other but can still participate against other combatants in the war.

I am concerned this could be exploited in some way though.
  • Options
    Guild members should normally fight each other in Node v. Node Content.
    Node Citizens should normally fight each other in Guild v. Guild Content

I dont see why this needs a perk at all.
    Those are separate allegiances, they do not have to be connected at all.

A guild that has beef with each other due to node content can collapse for all i care, it clearly wasnt well organized anyway.
  • Options
    1.Seeing guild members on mini map, if it’s not in the base game. Also maybe seeing guild member caravans on the world map, or just within node ZoI.
    2. Obviously combat effectiveness during guild wars
    3. Maybe high level guild could get a guild alliance option. Where you can see members of the allied guild with a different coloured name.
    4. Group food/drinks.
    A quick list of things I would be okay with. Trying to look for more passive buffs that are pretty interesting.
  • Options
    - +x% to sailing speed for y time
    - +x% to crafting/processing/gathering speed
    - +x% siege defensives range
    - Portable hibachi grills for instant guild luaus
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    I would like to see Guild size be one aswell

So it become an option of Quality vs Quantity.

Being able to speclise with guild perks would be nice too so maybe some guild go hard into crafting perks while other might go into naval combat. or mix and match
  • Options
    StreviStrevi Member
    edited September 2022
    I'd like when at least 5 players of same guild are close to each-other, to receive a summon skill to create one support creature.

Group mounts, ideally for up to 8 players.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Ragnarok had a many pasive once like increasing guild size and increase stats while close to the guild leader.

But there were also active once.
    A boost to stats for a certain time being one.
    A HP & Mana regeneration boost.
    The most used however was Emergency call.
    https://ragnarok.fandom.com/wiki/Emergency_Call
    During the Guild vs guild time.
    While inside the war zone.
    A guild leader could summon the entire guild to his position.
    Cool down was 5 min, cast time 5 seconds. Interruptible by anything.
    This meant that aside from the normal pushing and flanking, trying to sneak your guild leader past the defense to do an Emergency recall was one of the main strategies.

Or as a defender do an Emergency call to counter block the attacker that just broke their defensive line.

Downside was off-course an entire guild stacked next to each other in one big blob.
    A single AoE could doom half the guild that was just recalled.

I could see this ability in Ashes during castle and node sieges.
    But with a higher cool down and a higher cast time.

Other then that i could see boost skills for gathering.

For example the guild just found a rare mithril ore vein.
    The entire guild is called to mine it before someone else does.
    So the Guild leader uses a guild buff that increases mining speed.
    Or Ore shield.
    Or weight capacity.

The Guild is preparing to fight a dragon raid boss.
    The guild leader activates Dragon resistance Buff.
    Decreasing the dmg taken by dragons by X%

In addition the dragon slayer buff.
    Increases the dmg done to dragons by Y%

One could off-course generalize it.
    Rather then specify it as dragon it just buffs against Raid bosses in general.
    Active buffs that last longer.

X% reputation gain increase for Y days.

X% faith gain increase for Y Days.

etc.
    But limited to 1 active at a time.
    Maybe with a gold cost or maybe an item that is consumed upon use.

53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    Taaku wrote: »
    A Snader. A long bodied snake that also has 8 long legs, and multiple eyes like a spider.
    Guilds need a tamed creature like @Taaku suggested.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    I don't fancy guild perks increasing any stats that could help in combat. Could we settle for convenience perks? E.g. member limit, ability to join an alliance, a teleport to the guild room, guild shop NPC with some convenient stuff that's otherwise more hassle to access, advanced guild uniform customization, faster processing/crafting in a guild-controlled node, etc., just off the top of my head.
  • Options
    SapiverenusSapiverenus Member
    edited September 2022
    Xenotor wrote: »
    Ragnarok had a many pasive once like increasing guild size and increase stats while close to the guild leader.

I like this if it's weak and more niche.

Similar to Bard but the difference being that each Class inspires their own Class rather than every class. So Fighter Guild Leader inspires Fighters. As well, Physical classes could provide a low boon to Physical classes and Magic a small boon to all Magic classes.

This lends itself to Guilds forming of predominately 1 type of class and whatever classes synergize well with them; which explores the meta with some strong direction. By strong direction I mean common sense combinations are tried and their success/failure easily observed by outsiders.

It encourages in the long-run different combinations and hanging out with people that like playing the same class as you to enjoy some commonality.

Bard's Guild would function like any other to be clear.

• Options
    My biggest concern with any kind of guild perks that influence PvE or PvP is that zergs will break down their guilds into smaller ones to get these buffs, basically rendering useless the intention of buffing smaller guilds against zergs.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    @BaSkA13
    An Officer system could work.
    Buffs from Officers may only appear with enough of their participation in some Class relevant activity. Thus their Influence grows slowly over time until it reaches the same level as an Independent low level Guild Leader.

Fighters fighting is a simple one. Bards leading Bands and participating in fighting as secondary/tertiary works. Mages are kind of solo so tying a slow progression Skill Tome/ Scribe system into it would make them better at say training up Guild Members than outsiders and perhaps improve mana regen marginally.
    Summoners can at some point work together to summon something bigger. Classic ritual summon stuff.

So on and so forth; and having Officers under a Guild Leader would marginally improve the boon from the Guild Leader thus realistically incentivizing legitimate organization.
  • Options
    With this being said:
    BaSkA13 wrote: »
    My biggest concern with any kind of guild perks that influence PvE or PvP is that zergs will break down their guilds into smaller ones to get these buffs, basically rendering useless the intention of buffing smaller guilds against zergs.

When they do that, theyd be more vulnerable to guild wars and limit the benefits from being a Patron Guild or the Castle Ownership to just a few people within their ranks.
  • Options

Combat buffs should be only applicable in guild wars (potentially also in castle sieges)
  • Options

There is a limit of 3 i think? to aliances.
    So depending on how many people can join a singel guild, a zerg would have to make guilds outside the alliance and with that risk Friendly fire.
    Zergs are not known for coordiantion so thats a hard cap for sure.

Another would be to have limited number of perks.
    Either pick increased guild member size or increase stats but not both.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    Warth wrote: »
    Guild members should normally fight each other in Node v. Node Content.
    Node Citizens should normally fight each other in Guild v. Guild Content

I dont see why this needs a perk at all.
    Those are separate allegiances, they do not have to be connected at all.

A guild that has beef with each other due to node content can collapse for all i care, it clearly wasnt well organized anyway.

I was just speculating a potential perk. The guild would have to give up some other bonus for that perk to be selected. My suggestion was for a perk to STOP the in-guild fighting in a node war. I agree that in fighting should be normal.
  • Options
    With this being said:

When they do that, theyd be more vulnerable to guild wars and limit the benefits from being a Patron Guild or the Castle Ownership to just a few people within their ranks.

I agree that there will need to be some sort of reason you can't just ally with any number of guilds or things like that so that you can't just break into a ton of pieces to specialize but function as a larger guild.
  • Options

Combat buffs should be only applicable in guild wars (potentially also in castle sieges)

Why do you think that those kinds of buffs should only be applicable during those times?
  • Options
    Í would love to have perks for smaler guilds to be able to compete with lager ones a little better ... i fear there will be ruling mega organizations ...
    [Fleo Verum] Carolus Dynamicus - Py'rai - Rogue+Fighter
  • Options

Why do you think that those kinds of buffs should only be applicable during those times?

Because i feel like they would inevitably pose problems in PvE Content.

Restricting them to Guildwar and Sieges allows to scale the combat benefits higher, as its solely for that content.

You can increase a players strength by 20-50% in Guild Wars and sieges exclusively, but once you do it for everything even 5% feels like a lot. @YouYourself
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Because i feel like they would inevitably pose problems in PvE Content.

Restricting them to Guildwar and Sieges allows to scale the combat benefits higher, as its solely for that content.

You can increase a players strength by 20-50% in Guild Wars and sieges exclusively, but once you do it for everything even 5% feels like a lot. @YouYourself

Make it 5% in guild wars, with a weak synergy like
    "Fighter Guild Leader hitting people increase the following values of the base 30 yard aura by 5%:
    5% increased melee damage, 1% damage reduction, and 3% reduced stun and stagger duration"

Guilds are just groups of people for the most part lol
  • Options
    What kinds of problems would come up during PVE content? If you don't jack the buff super high, let's say a 5% basic attack attack speed buff, or something like that, I fail to see how this would break PVE content.

Scaling the benefits really high in Guild Wars and Sieges feels like it invites exploitation. Those are critical events so why would you give someone a huge advantage during those times? Guild perks should be relatively balanced or you will run into the scenario where every guild will pick those perks and things will become uniform and stale. If everyone runs that buff because it is so strong then what is the point of giving that option in the first place?

Perks such as allowing an additional alliance, preventing in-guild fighting, gathering speed on specific resources, larger guild, etc. seem like good buffs because they can let you specialize a bit without going crazy with any specific buff.
  • Options
    @YouYourself the guild wars aren't member capped for all we know.

So yes major buffs are in order to at least somewhat level the playing field there.

In PvE even 5% damage can turn top pve encounters from appropriately hard to significantly easier
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I also disagree entirely with nearly any form of combat buff or perk offered by a Guild in a PvX game.

I feel like guild perks/buffs need to be very esoteric, focused on organization, information and synchronization.

Basic Examples:
    "Extra slots for having formal inter-guild relationships."
    "Ability to apply automatic discounts to guild members from member stalls in towns and taverns."
    "Increases to size of guild warehouse or group access to certain options in Social Org quests based on certain other members of same guild."

I don't want anyone feeling that they should join a guild in order to get power or direct discounts/convenience for their own character in any way. My 'test' would always be 'would a player join a random guild just for this without knowing anything about that guild?'

If the answer is very clearly yes, I would take a much closer look at the specific perk.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    If you are in a smaller guild you should get some smaller stat bonuses. Though 5% extra dmg, extra life and armor won't be that big. Even more so when skill is a factor and shouldn't make people feel they need to have it. While larger guilds should be able to get more members but other perks but not as large or good a selection as a smaller guild.
  • Options
    UnderdelveUnderdelve Member
    edited September 2022
    As we get more systems and details shared from Steven and the team we have seen more speculation. One thing I have been wondering about for a while is guild perks. We heard a while ago that guilds will have some sort of perk tree or leveling tree to enhance the guild.

Not sure if you have seen the clip below @YouYourself but this @Simurgh clip shows the direction Intrepid may be heading with Guild Perks. Only one column appears to have guild skills that can be trained. Section I'm referring too starts at 32:07 and ends around 32:27. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFKCdNlzqCY&t=1930s

• Options
    Well I don't know the make/break point so whatever % makes sense I guess. However it playtests.
    Being a bit more "pumped up" in a fight because you're basically faction vs faction and the faction leader is there is thematic and if you were 10% harder hitting and what not it wouldn't be too unusual at all.

What could be done is that big "Effects", "Moves" have their damage reduced when friendlies are in their range and varying friendly fire %; then have a little less friendly fire % and a little less damage reduction when Guild friendlies are in their range; and then Guild Leader can increase the damage/ healing/ whatever the hell and this would result in more friendly dmg from more dmg but at least it's buffed.

Hence good/bad is not so clear cut and skill of execution is top priority rather than ######s.

Something like auto-attack could be like 5% friendly fire or variable depending on Weapon (call them glancing blows); big mega meteor storm is 90% or something. "Executioner's Blow" might be 70%; don't miss. Could be a cool kill could be a crippled ally.
    Thus narrow thrusting or more targeted moves have prio; giving weapons different use. For various weapons they may automatically have an over the shoulder attack for getting over allies. Tall people advantage.

Greatsword of course seems amazing but not when you can't swing it around because allies are in the way --> then you're frontline trying to cut through the enemy or simply flank or defend from flanks; like rear guard or raider. . . Guts (Berserk) is a good reference because the manga is based more on realism than pixelated gameplay lol.
  • Options
    Almiraj wrote: »

Not sure if you have seen the clip below @YouYourself but this @Simurgh clip shows the direction Intrepid may be heading with Guild Perks. Only one column appears to have guild skills that can be trained. Section I'm referring too starts at 32:07 and ends around 32:27. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFKCdNlzqCY&t=1930s

The clip looks like it was from A1. Only one column was available but it looks like they planned on more. Part of this thread was for was speculating on what you want, the good, the bad, the interesting, etc. A1 was also a year ago so that clip may already be pretty out of date from what they are doing.