Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How could information get across the world in a server?

LordXpLordXp Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
I was thinking today about how libraries will be specific to certain nodes (scientific) and I believe will only have information about it's own node. So not much help to other nodes. This is asking a lot I assume but I think it would be great for all nodes with a town or higher can have newspaper stalls. A stall where you could view news from all around the world of your server. Tells about destruction of a node on the other side or a node being leveled up and what race gave it the most experience. Maybe even tell about sightings of dragons, monsters, or just rumors in certain areas around the world. I know it wouldn't be written like an actual news story since that would require some pretty hefty coding I assume. I do assume that taverns will play a role for spreading rumors via NPC's about points of interest as the node ages.

So of course if this doesn't actually happen within the game, I hope the community could make a youtube/website that role plays as a newspaper company and employ a bunch of writers for all the various servers to write stories to publish online. Maybe in time, I could do such a thing with a lot (I mean a lot) of help. But that will come in due time.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?
fajah55rhetm.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Back in L2, each server had a bulletin board we could post on. One of the players started a newspaper there, really more of a gossip column, called the Erica Enquirer. Lots of funny stuff, interviews with major guild leaders, gossip, &tc.
  • Options
    It's not a lot of programming. Go wild lol
  • Options
    Could easily be implemented as another sort of job board, but instead it posts recent news and progress of nodes
    GJjUGHx.gif