Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Events for life skillers

arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
So i just read through the forum and stumbled upon the thread of @Sathrago , where he suggested gathering could be the trigger for events such as " Did you mine out the rare ruby crystals from this quarry? The earth elementals have something to say about that. Run or fight them off ".
Though i liked the idea, i think the content scope for PvE is already plenty expansive and if Intrepid intends to make a full life skill playstyle viable, they should consider to match these kind of systems for life skills as well.

Set up events

These kind of events would involve the carpenter profession, essentially transforming the profession from solely crafting furniture, to a profession that is central for building events.

So here is how i could see it turn out:
The carpenter of the guild finally has managed to build a hawaiin luau beach set up with tiki statues, a grill and sunshades.
The guild leader decideds today after a hard raiding session, to place it nearby a beach where fishing is possible.
The object is temporary and despawns after 1 hour, there is some background music and proximity chat is turned on in the lualu zone.

So placing that structure triggers an event, where everyone can participate and the spawn rate of fishes is heavily boosted in the zone.
Everyone that decides to participate has to buy a grilled fish from the grill and sacrifize it to the tiki statues, which adjusts the spawn rate of fishes accordingly to the player number.

It could also host competitions for groups and individuals.
Guild event: Catch 20 of rare fish in order to have a succesful lualu and gain the big reward
Player event: The person to catch the 3 most expensive fish, gets some bonus

You could expand that for every kind of gathering profession, such as a wack a mole event in forests, some hide n seek stuff and whatever. Do you want a different fishing event with other competitions? Build an ice fishing set up!

I would also like to see organically emerging events, that pop up every now and then, similar to Sathrago suggested.
I think so could work well in breaking the often monotonous gameplay session life skillers have in other mmos.

Is this something AoC could benefit from? Any other ideas?

Comments

• Options
    SapiverenusSapiverenus Member
    edited September 2022
    Yes I have one from the Event thread. My suggestion is for creatures to break into player housing and live there.

As well, farm fields can attract anything hungry.

My creature 'event' idea that involves a creature that breaks in if you're away for too long:

"There should be a witch goblin called a Ghrul that causes the building to sweat and mold, and beautiful things to grow ugly and old, and colorful things to become grey and depressing..... plants becoming swollen with mucous, fruits rotting and full of spiders. .. and it keeps trying to move into people's houses and spawn little Goblin Welps and Witches.
    Might turn into a dungeon level area; burrowing through the rotten floor boards and digging into sneeze dirt to form burrows and perhaps link up if multiple houses are taken over, setting up traps and hanging up bone trinkets and banner corpses.
    Goblin Grubs would be the larva stage. . . egg sacks in the low corners. . . evolving after consuming rotting things which there are plenty of."