Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Question about Nodes/Banks/player items

Ok I realize this may just be a weird idea in my head. I was watching a few videos talking about strongholds and how they would be lootable for up to 2hrs if the node loses. I was wondering would this apply to the bank as well? Like if the node is taken over, will other players be able to loot items from the bank? THAT would be CRAZY interesting to see.
Would players be able to maybe bury items - like making their own treasure chests and hiding them throughout the world so their things will be "safe"? I keep thinking that if when you bury an item it auto makes a map or mark on your map of said item. So now you get PKed and the PKer get your treasure map as a drop so it has become a lootable item. Hmm don't know if that makes sense but seemed like an interesting idea. Especially since I was thinking with ocean PvP why wouldn't a pirate bury a treasure somewhere to keep safe?

Comments

• Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2022
    Ok I realize this may just be a weird idea in my head. I was watching a few videos talking about strongholds and how they would be lootable for up to 2hrs if the node loses. I was wondering would this apply to the bank as well? Like if the node is taken over, will other players be able to loot items from the bank? THAT would be CRAZY interesting to see.
    Would players be able to maybe bury items - like making their own treasure chests and hiding them throughout the world so their things will be "safe"? I keep thinking that if when you bury an item it auto makes a map or mark on your map of said item. So now you get PKed and the PKer get your treasure map as a drop so it has become a lootable item. Hmm don't know if that makes sense but seemed like an interesting idea. Especially since I was thinking with ocean PvP why wouldn't a pirate bury a treasure somewhere to keep safe?

You can't loot completed items. But materials or partially completed legendaries would be up for grabs from people's warehouses and freehold storage

9msdsg1vrds7.gif
    du2ljngonyuq.png
  • Options
    @Natasha thank you for the information ^_^
  • Options
    I like the idea of burying stuff. Smaller stuff harder to find. Digging being a long chore for bigger items; maybe 10 seconds for something quite small. Faster process if Stronger. . .
    and manual map marking with a big Circle if you don't want to get looted or pin-point accurate cross-hair if it's small and you're forgetful. also suitable for trolling someone.
  • Options
    @Sapiverenus I like how you think. I can see a guild doing an event where it's like in this area there is something of value all most like an easter egg hunt. Also if it's a bigger item you can dig with someone else. OH MY GOSH what if you can dig up the bones of large creatures? They can be used to make like armour or alchemy or some other crafting thing. An EPIC ITEM...