Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes of Creation Crash Course - Caravans

JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
We’ve been getting a lot of updates on Ashes of Creation and one of the major systems we have gotten an update on is the Caravan system. Modeled loosely after the Farm Hauler/Freighter idea in Archeage, Caravans are going to be the lifeblood of trade. Given that a caravan has the ability to carry one hundred times what a player can carry in their back. Intrepid has also let us know about the merchant ships which are going to ad

My question for people browsing Reddit:

In Ashes of Creation when a caravan is destroyed should it drop the loot directly or should it drop redemption certificates or something else?

Should it drop the materials and you have to fight over the pile?
Should it drop the crates and you ahve to spawn a caravan to move them?
Should it drop the redemption certificates as planned?
Should it do something else?

https://youtu.be/mwzTBnGURKw
hpsmlCJ.jpg
Make sure to check out Ashes 101

Comments

• Options
    I don't think it should drop certificates. Why not just fill a caravan destroy it and take the certs yourself to fill save inventory space then just run it with a mount or whatever. Sure you may lose some resources in the process, but it may be just safer/easier to run it that way.

It doesn't make sense that attackers just get infinite storage of whatever they steal. Defenders should have a chance at getting the stuff back.

I think the attackers should have the choice of destroying the caravan or taking it.
    If destroyed, most of the resources are destroyed in the process and stuff is dropped on the ground. Then they have to take whatever they can carry.
    If they take the caravan, they are now just doing a caravan run.
  • Options
    drclawx wrote: »
    I don't think it should drop certificates. Why not just fill a caravan destroy it and take the certs yourself to fill save inventory space then just run it with a mount or whatever. Sure you may lose some resources in the process, but it may be just safer/easier to run it that way.

It doesn't make sense that attackers just get infinite storage of whatever they steal. Defenders should have a chance at getting the stuff back.

I think the attackers should have the choice of destroying the caravan or taking it.
    If destroyed, most of the resources are destroyed in the process and stuff is dropped on the ground. Then they have to take whatever they can carry.
    If they take the caravan, they are now just doing a caravan run.

Because the certificates must be taken back to the point of origin in the current design.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
  • Options
    It just doesn't make sense to me that attackers can just blow up a caravan that carries 100x more then a person can carry and walk off with the goods in paper form. Seems like robbing an armored car, getting a cheque instead of the bags of cash, going back to the bank and cashing the cheque.

They should at least have to steal the caravan or build a new one and bring it somewhere. Defenders should at least be given the chance to get the caravan back.

Maybe goods/caravan could be marked as stolen for 5 or 10 mins and cant be turned in until the timer is up.

More bandit exp could be earned if you steal a caravan and turn it in successfully vs destroying it.

Destroying caravans could used more of a tactic to disrupt enemy trade.

I also don't think attackers/defenders should die respawn and come back every 10 seconds, but I forget how respawn works.
  • Options
    Respawn goes to the closest respawn point.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg