Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Group Questing wishlist and wishnots

Concerning the general questing in the world, there are a few things that I could see wanting in the game. Feel free to comment your own ideas on each of them, and tell me why I'm a dummy for wanting it the way I list below.

- Quest sharing: the ability to share a quest with a party member (they may not be eligible if, let's say, it's the 3rd quest in a questline, and the other person hasn't even gotten the 1st one)

- Shared objective completion: if a quest requires 15 items looted from X mobs, I want the entire group to pool towards the same objective. Meaning, if player A gathers 5, player B gathers 3, Player C gathers 2 and player D gathers 5, the objective is complete. This is opposite to every player in a party being required to gather the 15 items.
The idea is to not punish a group by forcing them to essentially spend at minimum double the time to complete a quest.

- Single player loot: not sure what else to name it, but I mean that not every player gets to loot the same mob. One player gets righting loots. If coin is dropped, it is shared amongst the players. Basic items get looted by the looter. Items of above a certain quality or rarity, get rolled for/master looted.

- Looting from quest spawned mobs: if player A does not possess the related quest, he may still loot from the mob, however any quest related item that would have spawned from said mob, will not spawn for them. This will allow the quest holder, to also loot the mob for the specific quest item.

What other options do you wish to see or to avoid from your experience with previous MMOs?
Sig-ult-2.png

Comments

• Options
    Asgerr wrote: »
    - Quest sharing
    For me that'd depend on the quest. If it's some basic gathering/farming task/quest, I'd be fine if people could share those. But if it's some valuable, maybe even difficult to find, quest - nah, no sharing for you.
    - Shared objective completion
    Only if it completes the quest for the questholder. And if everyone in the party has the same quest - they'll need to farm their amount each.
    - Single player loot
    I expect that feature to just be an option for looting rights. This was exactly how my party set up the looting rights in L2. Though there was no rolling for loot. You just knew who needed which drop and if your dropped something that no one needed - you'd just sell it and split the money or give it to a guildmate.
    - Looting from quest spawned mobs
    Yep, I also expect this to work this way.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2022
    If two players are not in the same group, tagging and the highest dps should play a role into who is getting the quest drop.
    Otherwise some quests will become mindless, antisocial, mute zergfests.

If players in the same group have the same quests, 1 kill should award the quest drop to all of them, if they are in a close proximity. Unless the quest is solo, in which case I expect it to be way easier.
    If one player has a quest in the group, that player should obtain the quest drops even if the other members killed the quest mob. Unless it's a specified solo quest for a very specific, targeted reason.

The last two points promote group play, as opposed to create artificial issues.
    The first prevents the scenes we see in ESO and ff14 overland activities. A mute, mindless button mashing for ez kills while surfing the zerg.

Im against quest sharing pop ups and commants. It resembles group finder matchup and teleportantion to the instanced content.
    I would prefer it if players set out goals for the day instead of stumpling upon activities.
    I dont know, I never liked it despite its convenience. It took away from the importance of a Quest.