Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Custom Flags for Ships

Has there been any discussion around flags for ships? Custom pirate flags, guild jacks, citizen pennants etc...

The naval PvP, map and Nikua update sounds awesome and really got me excited for the sea aspect of this game. I think it would be cool to have multiple flags on ships, at least one custom one, then other affiliations and some for achievements.

Having a player see another ship at a distance and be able to tell that it was a ship from Al'Quaath City, belonged to the ChaosMonkey guild and had 5 black " 10 kill " quest triangle flags hung from the stern, and was flying the flag with a monkey holding two lighting bolts which meant it could be only one ship...would be awesome.

That would be WAY cooler than right clicking on the ship and getting info about it, or seeing it on a floating badge above the ship.

Anyway, just a fun Friday thought. Has this been discussed before ? I haven't seen anything yet.

Comments

• Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We'll be able to customise pennants and sails but to exactly what extent is up in the air right now. (Such s fully allowing player made flags with a moderation feature)
    du2ljngonyuq.png
  • Options
    Yes~ish, well at least it's talked about. But it's still early.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Game_masters

scroll down to the UCC User Created Content.
  • Options
    CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hm...I know items will have the crafter's name on them, but I think a nice touch for ships would be a small streamer flag to fly a shipwright's sigil even if just with a predetermined list of designs to use. It would only be a sprinkle on the cake for me, though. Would be nice to see a ship I worked hard to craft sailing on the open waters.

Then sink it. Gotta keep the demand up.
  • Options
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Also naming the ship with the name on the back would be ideal. People will be struck with fear when they read the name "Usain Boat" knowing there is no escape.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Also naming the ship with the name on the back would be ideal. People will be struck with fear when they read the name "Usain Boat" knowing there is no escape.

Never heard about Usain...
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    If guild crests are a thing I'd love to slap it on my ship somewhere. (It'd obviously be the Pelican, the greatest animal of our age)
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »

Usain Bolt?
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »

Usain Bolt?

Then I would use it for very fast ships :)