Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Pvp Content/ Esports content idea

i would like to call it The mighty Arena's were clans pick there best fighters to become the champions of Ashes of Creation

clans can sign up weeks/months before the event to join the The mighty arena's worlds (limited time) to participate for the ultimate fight!
I also would say it will come back every 3/6 months.

clans will join groups that contain 4/6 clans and fight each other 1 time each, the group that will end in top 2/3 of the group gets acces to the knockout rounds.
the rest of the tournament is obvious.

you get rewards when you enter the knockout rounds the more progress you make within the knockout rounds the better rewards you get.
think of when you get knocked out in 1st round you get the bronze crate as a reward, second round silver crate etc.

and the whole event can be seen live on twitch. lets say this will be the biggest event to watch right :smiley:

PS.
Give it a like so it the devs would see it.
And feel free to discuss

Comments

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This is not likely to be popular or engaging enough to put any effort into from the development side.

However, if you're saying that you would like to organize such a tournament, then that seems cool?

If you're asking for something specific the Devs could do, to make it easier for you to organize this, it's not clear from your post.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited September 2022
    They should 100% push tournaments that would be amazing, they could do it in the form of events and such where people can make some gold. Stuff like this ALWAYS draws lots of eyes and views. Which means more sales and pulling from other audiences on twitch to be interested in the game.

When BDO did this it always hugely boosted their views on twitch and brought the community together.
  • Options
    Lineage 2 had an "olympiad", that allowed the crowning of the best player for each class.

Id like the same as a monthly tournament in Ashes.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited September 2022
    L2 ru servers also had a player-made party vs party tournament. And the game had a "party duel" mechanic which helped organize this kind of tournament. Would definitely love to see the same mechanic in Ashes. I didn't play on those L2 servers, but I was hyped for them because they showed peak gameplay between 2 boosted to all hell parties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arYpkDaodN8

That one was before the mechanic implementation iirc. Here's one after it from the pov of the party competing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1M1H_Nfsx0
  • Options
    This is fine, if the game is successful they will support it after atleast. 100% will help to market it but i can understand them wanting to worry about just making the game first and this stuff after as it can come with other issues with people complaining about balance and other issues.

x3uy02r7x9pa.png
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    I could see these kind of events tied towards military nodes.

Level 3-4 Military Nodes would create a regional competition, where participants can qualify for a global tournament hosted in a level 5 node.
    Hopefully we are gonna see cross server competition in metros :)
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    L2 ru servers also had a player-made party vs party tournament. And the game had a "party duel" mechanic which helped organize this kind of tournament. Would definitely love to see the same mechanic in Ashes. I didn't play on those L2 servers, but I was hyped for them because they showed peak gameplay between 2 boosted to all hell parties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arYpkDaodN8

That one was before the mechanic implementation iirc. Here's one after it from the pov of the party competing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1M1H_Nfsx0

wow.... L2 is super boring.

Anyway... ESports in a MMORPG is a nogo.
  • Options
    Ehrgeiz wrote: »
    wow.... L2 is super boring.
    Most, if not all, mmos from 2003 were.
  • Options
    AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    First, do a video game
    Then, if it happens, help the esport scene.

But esport have to be out of the objectiv of a game development.
  • Options
    The thing about esports is, that the fight must be equal.
    No gear or level advantage.
    Everything team 1 has, team 2 needs to be able to have as well.

Ashes kinda does that already with the Military major 1 vs 1 election.

so i could see the potential to expand an already existing system to get a competitive pvp scene going.
    If they make it cross server then even better.
    Not something for launch but perhaps afterwards.
    Esports can bring a lot more players to ashes if its good.

8 vs 8 mirror match where every team has 1 of each primary class but can choose the secendary class could be interesting to watch.
    Add A ban phase where every primary can ban a single secondary of their class and it would get even better.

So yah i am all for esports.
    If they use existing systems.
    After release.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    They should 100% push tournaments that would be amazing, they could do it in the form of events and such where people can make some gold. Stuff like this ALWAYS draws lots of eyes and views. Which means more sales and pulling from other audiences on twitch to be interested in the game.

When BDO did this it always hugely boosted their views on twitch and brought the community together.

Is this true?
    I was under the assumption that all the big e-sports started from grassroots
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    maouw wrote: »

Is this true?

In the absolute simplest terms, no, it is as usual, not true.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    maouw wrote: »

Is this true?

Very true, any time their is a tournament it draws eyes you can see it in the view of any games.