Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Corruption and its effect for Citizens

DrunkninjaDrunkninja Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Hey all
I just wanted to throw out an idea for the corruption system. If a player who gains corruption from killing a non-combatant is the Citizen of a node, should there be a negative effect for the node they belong to such as a hit to its Happiness level?

Let me know what you think or what sort of connection a corrupted player could have to its own Node.

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nah, they are helping their node. 4x or higher exp debt means more grinding. Which means more exp fed to the node to stave off atrophy and help advance. Help out your node. Go corrupt.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There a question and thread about a similar idea of punishing the group and/or guild they are in with corruption as well and was shot down by Intrepid.
    I see this as an extension of the idea.
    How would you enforce unhappiness on the players in a node because someone jumped someone out in the open?
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    We can assume all players except maybe bots, will be citizens of a node.
    Then I think there will be little reason to not be part of a guild.

A player who kills a citizen of the same node, will most likely be also in a guild which inhabits that node.
    Then he might trigger a guild war withing the node, which is allowed.

Also bounty hunters of that node will be able to hunt the player down fast if they want to.
    Can be that the killed player is a known bot or a citizen of another node and bounty hunters will be notified through chat to spare the offender.

A reputation system is mentioned in the wiki too. But is not clearly linked to citizen vs citizen PvP.
    I think an excessive protection of citizens through game mechanics is bad as some players deserve being killed.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!