Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Water Physics (Oceans/Rivers/Lakes)

unphazdunphazd Member, Intrepid Pack
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
Would really love to see the devs use the Fluid Flux plug in by ImaginaryBlend for water physics. An example in the video below and about 4mins in you can also see waterfalls.

(Video was made private, similar video below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztqq3d1hvdA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLHopgbsVUo

It's very immersive
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    Looks nice indeed! Thanks for sharing it :smile:
    I see it says
    Limitations:
    A detailed list of limitations can be found in the documentation [Documentation]
    open-world is currently not supported
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    They most likely have their own proprietary tools for art and design.

Cool idea and inspiration though
    jlyhubmxm6w1.png

Founder and Guild Leader of -Providence-
  • Options
    LordPax wrote: »
    They most likely have their own proprietary tools for art and design.

Cool idea and inspiration though

Yeah I posted it for inspirational purposes
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Dang, that looks clean af
  • Options
    SapiverenusSapiverenus Member
    edited September 2022
    looks great.
    I'm sure it could be dramatized even, to move slower with some extra height to have more dramatic and spacially frequent crests and falls. For the more realistic look of Ashes a slight tune towards that direction would still look great and add some character to the water; ships at see would be going through a slightly more 'vertical' ocean and seeing enemies pop over the crests. +14% size, -10% speed, maybe lasting +16% longer and with similar wave frequency.

Giant monsters in the deep could be adding to the waves with their movements, attacks, battles. . . could be threats of flooding and tidal waves even . . .
  • Options
    looks great.
    I'm sure it could be dramatized even, to move slower with some extra height to have more dramatic and spacially frequent crests and falls. For the more realistic look of Ashes a slight tune towards that direction would still look great and add some character to the water; ships at see would be going through a slightly more 'vertical' ocean and seeing enemies pop over the crests. +14% size, -10% speed, maybe lasting +16% longer and with similar wave frequency.

Giant monsters in the deep could be adding to the waves with their movements, attacks, battles. . . could be threats of flooding and tidal waves even . . .

Yeah with all the new in house UE5 mods they are making, with something like this as a foundation they could take it to the next level. I love the idea of giant monsters creating waves.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    While water physics like this would be a dream. The issue lies in how the hell do you get the game to run with this, all the other graphical advances, mechanics, spells, etc with 10,000 players on a server. Every player would need a $5,000 gaming PC just to play on the lowest setting
  • Options
    @unphazd Says video is private :heartbreak:
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    @TheDarkSorcerer From that video I went further to the plugin which was used:
    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/fluid-flux
    Maybe you find other videos using it.
    It showed a quite realistic water behavior near beach and on rocky terrain, creating waterfalls spontaneously.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »
    @TheDarkSorcerer From that video I went further to the plugin which was used:
    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/fluid-flux
    Maybe you find other videos using it.
    It showed a quite realistic water behavior near beach and on rocky terrain, creating waterfalls spontaneously.

That would be stunning! I can see this in an RPG. But I don't think we will see graphics like this for another couple of years in MMO's, unfortunately.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif